Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Emma

Rizlar

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Traf said:

I got a lovely email from Emma this morning. She's a really nice person and it's sad she's leaving.

As fans generally, we didn't get much time to get to know her etc.

I do remember talking to two ladies in the club shop though and they were smiling and really cheerful as they described the new people as wonderful- they even brought cakes in for the staff- and said this was so different to the previous CUNT.

On that basis, it does seem a real shame. Just wish her all the best.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

As fans generally, we didn't get much time to get to know her etc.

I do remember talking to two ladies in the club shop though and they were smiling and really cheerful as they described the new people as wonderful- they even brought cakes in for the staff- and said this was so different to the previous CUNT.

On that basis, it does seem a real shame. Just wish her all the best.

We've spoken on several occasions and she's in touch with Jnr, as she's knitting some figures for her.
She sent us a card at Christmas and sent Jnr a message and card for her birthday.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Traf said:

We met her at a Lancaster Whites meeting. Jnr was the host for the evening doing the introductions etc. She spent most of the evening chatting to Emma and it just went from there.

Really nice story. Sorry to see her go. My dad said doing his tours she’s one of the few senior management staff who have taken the time out to stop and chat and talk to him personally. Ironically the other one he puts into this category is  Gary Megson 💣 

1 hour ago, Traf said:

We met her at a Lancaster Whites meeting. Jnr was the host for the evening doing the introductions etc. She spent most of the evening chatting to Emma and it just went from there.

Pass on everyone's best wishes if you havent done so already mate, must have been a horrendous few weeks, this.

Edited by Marc505

• Site Supporter

I’m sure the management team have done a brilliant job and Emma will have more than played her part but was this all part and parcel of her job when first taken on? Sort out the Anderson shit from a business point of view then leave the moving forward to “football people”.

She is obviously a very sharp tool so can’t imagine she’ll be twiddling her thumbs for long. If she hasn’t already got a post lined up, she’ll be snapped up soon.

As she comes from a Norwich area based family, by rights, she should join the notrights in Colchester next season if they stay down

On 12/06/2020 at 23:48, Marc505 said:

Pass on everyone's best wishes if you havent done so already mate, must have been a horrendous few weeks, this.

As you'd probably guessed, I have done.

Reading between the lines, I'm getting a vibe that her work here was practically done anyway.