Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Accy tickets

Ani

7 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Well join the queue with everyone else then 

what a stupid way of looking at it. i did and got 3 in the end. still doesn't mean i think the system is right. 

Exeter 1200

Bristol Rovers 1100

it will happen again. 

1 minute ago, Big E said:

what a stupid way of looking at it. i did and got 3 in the end. still doesn't mean i think the system is right. 

Exeter 1200

Bristol Rovers 1100

it will happen again. 

Morecambe & Burton too like marple said

the club is so behind with this

i get if we get promoted it wouldn’t be much of a problem due to higher allocations but whilst we’re knocking around in this league it needs sorting, imagine the covid season in L2 

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

But with 1100 at Bristol they could well be fans like yourself missing out 

there will be but it would be a fairer system than loads of ST holders who haven't been anywhere getting them. 

I agree with an attendance system for ST holders and i would fail that as ours go unused loads. 

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Free for all between those is Just fine

I’m pretty certain you’re only of that opinion if you are not arsed about this game or you are sorted with a ticket. 

Trust me anyone who has invested time, effort and money into both this competition and watching Bwfc away this season, will not accept that a free for all is just fine.

It’s wrong on lots of levels. Not informing about the queuing system, not applying some element of loyalty, throwing you off the system when you get to the front of the queue 

So which one is it, are you not arsed or were you lucky enough to get a ticket?

5 minutes ago, desperado said:

I’m pretty certain you’re only of that opinion if you are not arsed about this game or you are sorted with a ticket. 

Trust me anyone who has invested time, effort and money into both this competition and watching Bwfc away this season, will not accept that a free for all is just fine.

It’s wrong on lots of levels. Not informing about the queuing system, not applying some element of loyalty, throwing you off the system when you get to the front of the queue 

defo got a ticket. he would be a grumpy bum if he didn't.

18 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Does anyone know any “bigger” clubs using the ticketmaster system?

Can’t see it changing while we are using them.

Arsenal, Forest and Celtic do. DMBs used it until last summer. Hibs and Hearts both use it and have (or have had) loyalty points systems. Barnsley use Ticketmaster and use loyalty points. Even Port Vale have a loyalty point system for away games and their ticket system is as basic an off the shelf product as it could be and costs a fraction of Ticketmaster. 

• Moderators

Here's the problem with an off the shelf product, within hours/days/weeks someone has an exploit that they can enter your system with. You need to employ someone to keep on top of it with patches etc. 24/7. Which no doubt Ticketmaster do. A football club probably can't, the DMBs sure, but the cost for IT staff would be up there with player wages.

7 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Here's the problem with an off the shelf product, within hours/days/weeks someone has an exploit that they can enter your system with. You need to employ someone to keep on top of it with patches etc. 24/7. Which no doubt Ticketmaster do. A football club probably can't, the DMBs sure, but the cost for IT staff would be up there with player wages.

It’s all built in to the Ticketmaster system and indeed BWFC already use certain aspects of it with having to assign memberships and also recognising previous purchase history 

I tried this morning but no joy. I'm not that bothered but understand people's gripe that go to alot of aways, I very rarely go to aways. 

The only irritation for me is, as a season ticket holder for years, I know I'm not alone, I can't get near them but I know a few lads that only go to home games 2 or 3 times a season but always get away tickets they want, including 2 that have got accy, just cos they have a contact at the club. Don't seem fair to me that. 

1 hour ago, desperado said:

I’ve invested time money and effort in to both this season FYI 

yes I was lucky enough to get a ticket but only because someone else bought a spare. I was in with the masses in being in a queue, getting in then finding they had all gone. 

if I’d of missed out I wouldn’t have jumped on board the hysteria bus demanding change. It would’ve been the first ticket I’d ever of missed out on in 30 years. Thems the breaks. 

seems like the only ones making noise about priority is people who have done some of these games (of which like I say I’m in anyway) but I bet you decent money half of these people aren’t ST holders and only went cos it was a fiver and took their kids. Do they deserve being higher up the list than ST holders who haven’t done any?? No they don’t 

it is what it is. Simple as that 

15 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

I’ve invested time money and effort in to both this season FYI 

yes I was lucky enough to get a ticket but only because someone else bought a spare. I was in with the masses in being in a queue, getting in then finding they had all gone. 

if I’d of missed out I wouldn’t have jumped on board the hysteria bus demanding change. It would’ve been the first ticket I’d ever of missed out on in 30 years. Thems the breaks. 

seems like the only ones making noise about priority is people who have done some of these games (of which like I say I’m in anyway) but I bet you decent money half of these people aren’t ST holders and only went cos it was a fiver and took their kids. Do they deserve being higher up the list than ST holders who haven’t done any?? No they don’t 

it is what it is. Simple as that 

I dont think anyone is saying Non ST holders who have been to PJ should get priority - but ST holders who have rocked up to PJ games should have some priority over ST holders who havent been

2 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

I dont think anyone is saying Non ST holders who have been to PJ should get priority - but ST holders who have rocked up to PJ games should have some priority over ST holders who havent been

Listen people are only arsed this one time. There’s been no clamour for away tickets at any other away game this or any other season for this competition so let’s not all crack on as though it’s been an ongoing problem. 90% of the time everyone who who wants a ticket gets one regardless of the competition.

introducing a loyalty scheme in principle is a good idea. But is it worthwhile when it would only be used 10% of the time? Further more there’s no way it would drive up attendances in this competition as us getting in to this position happens too rarely 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Arsenal, Forest and Celtic do. DMBs used it until last summer. Hibs and Hearts both use it and have (or have had) loyalty points systems. Barnsley use Ticketmaster and use loyalty points. Even Port Vale have a loyalty point system for away games and their ticket system is as basic an off the shelf product as it could be and costs a fraction of Ticketmaster. 

Am guessing that the loyalty functionality is an add on that costs money 

And the club have decided generally they don't need it