Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pink

globaldiver

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

One of the best gigs I ever went to was watching Arctic Monkeys at Lancs CC in 2007, supported by Amy Winehouse, The Coral and Supergrass. In fact, I probably bumped into you there but have no recollection of it because I was off my tits.

That's some line up that

• Site Supporter
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

That's some line up that

I'm sure there was a Japanese Beatles tribute band on first too. Might be totally wrong though. My memory is hazy to say the least.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Cheese said:

My experience couldn't have been more different. A load of us got a minibus from a pub I used to drink in, and we were all well oiled and pilled up by the time we got there. Hadn't really paid any attention to her before then, but I fell in love with Amy Winehouse that day. I remember the sound cutting out, but it was only for a few minutes.

That might explain it

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Zico said:

That might explain it

Probably. I reckon I still would've enjoyed it totally sober. I was well into Arctic Monkeys, The Coral, and Supergrass at the time.

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

I'm sure there was a Japanese Beatles tribute band on first too. Might be totally wrong though. My memory is hazy to say the least.

There was. I also remember two fellas coming on a one point, one was a biggish lad rapping. Turns out one of em was Paddy Considine and they were filming for the Shane Meadows film Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee which I saw a couple of years later and it then it made sense. Wondered what the fuck was going on at the time though.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, tshape said:

There was. I also remember two fellas coming on a one point, one was a biggish lad rapping. Turns out one of em was Paddy Considine and they were filming for the Shane Meadows film Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee which I saw a couple of years later and it then it made sense. Wondered what the fuck was going on at the time though.

I don't remember that at all.

On 01/06/2023 at 21:47, Cheese said:

The parrots, aye. 

One of the best gigs I've ever been too as well. 

Went to sankeys afterwards when we eventually got back into the city centre. 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

They should have fucked off before the encore and beat the busses.

Our stadium is half empty before the final whistle every week.

Pink should have made the cheap seats leave before the encore