Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby County (H)

Zico

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, woolli said:

Massive game for Evatt, not so much Bolton. When you start dissing your own, then calling for unity, but didnt Evatt start it? This guy is under massive pressure, and his words are of that of a beaten man. Hes already admitted he couldnt motivate the team against Wigan,  which doesnt give much hope for any Bolton fan. Lose tomorrow, the shit will it the fan! Win, we are back on track!

You’ve turned into a happy clapper

If we really want to go up we need to sack Evatt before the Derby game.

Big success comes from making big calls.

Cant believe you’re settling for this shit so far into the season. Evatt out.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

For a player who’s game is based around physicality and holding balls up, he’s very easily brushed off the ball and he can’t hold it up.

Scored a few this season. That's good enough. Keep doing it and that's his job done.

Won't see Charles with muck and bullets clearances in our own box neither.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Scored a few this season. That's good enough. Keep doing it and that's his job done.

Won't see Charles with muck and bullets clearances in our own box neither.

He’s had two good games and some shockers. I’d be delighted if he scores 20 this season but for me, JDB starts ahead of him every time when he’s fully fit.

We look susceptible to balls into our box/set pieces etc and I reckon Derby will be chucking it into the mixer a lot more as the game wears on so we need to start taking our chances when they come along. Lovely stuff down the right especially with Geth and D-C but we need to find a way through their big defenders. Going to be a hard second half so COYWM!

Edited by Wanderlust

12 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

For a player who’s game is based around physicality and holding balls up, he’s very easily brushed off the ball and he can’t hold it up.

Held it up two or three times that half, nice little interplay with Charles to set up a chance. He also gets dragged about by defenders and Refs give him nothing. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

He’s had two good games and some shockers. I’d be delighted if he scores 20 this season but for me, JDB starts ahead of him every time when he’s fully fit.

Maybe, but that doesn't guarantee goals neither. 

At the moment, he's doing what we need from him.

He's similar to Charles in that they both have mixed ability to hold it up.

Much better if they can give and go first time- as we've seen between the pair of them.

Anyway, we're deservedly level, with all to play for.

3 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I'd prefer JDB coming on as a sub.From memory, I'd say that JDB is at his best coming on for the last 25 or 30 minutes against tired legs. 

25 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Really? Seemed ref just blew for the pen before the ball went in the net. Just a case of ref not playing advantage.

It was more that the referee didn’t signal at any point what it was actually for. To the extent that everyone just assumed it was for a defensive free kick as is par for the course in that situation, particularly when the shirt pulls are all over the place from both sides and the keeper ends up in the back of the net.