Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby County (H)

Zico

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

I know people pay their money

I know they’re “entitled” to a whinge

But when they sit still as fucking statues for 25 minutes, and give no encouragement after some of the best football seen there for years, but immediately start fucking griping when a pass goes astray, 

surely it’s clear these utter cunts are only there hoping it all goes wrong so they can say “uggg uggg look, me said this would happen, ufh ufh, I knew we were shit despite clearly not being, ugg ugg”

Its like a spaceship from the planet M0ng drops a few thousand of its residents off for every home match, with clear instructions to be total fucking dickheads for 90 minutes before their spaceship picks them up from outside home bargains and they get their nappies changed.

Cunts

100% brother. Jump on the derby forums.....we're getting proper plaudits for a well drilled possession based game.....more than a few of them want Derby to be doing exactly what we just did to Derby.....yet our own lot moaning on and on....people around me at 62 mins in panic mode ...  funny really. 

How a large chunk of our fan base can't see what we're doing leaves me lost for words.....but that's an internet forum......consists of all types including the odd ball ones you tactically dodge in the stadium whilst they're eating a pie barm with romm temperature salad cream sprayed all over it.

Loving what Bolton are doing right now, it's an upward trajectory, if people aren't happy with that they should go do something else on a Saturday. 

We just took three points from a team predicted to finish top 2......and.... We never beat these fuckers 

It's a belting result. 

How I wish this 2-1 would have been the same one the tangerine seaside shit achieved today. 

But .wins against Derby are comparatively few and far between in our history and it sits very nicely with the fourth pint of Hook Norton ale I am about to see off. 

I've a feeling the look of that top nine in League 1 is going to tell the tale of the season. By which I mean (unlike last year) I think there'll be little in it right up to next April between play off placed teams and a bit beyond.

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If all of our other midfielders get injured then there’s a good chance. He was alright today but still the worse of our 3 midfielders, was at fault for Santos’ yellow card and then got one himself.

Sheehan is a class above, even Dempsey. He is some footballer. It will end up Sheehan, Dempsey and Maghoma as our starting midfield. As soon as they went down to 10 men, GT should have been hooked and Sheehan sat in the pivot role instead.

Charles is in one of his hot streaks, Toal looked like he’d never been away, great to see Santos back, Darces Cogley continues to impress, Dan was poor again (why the fuck did Morley give it him in the 94th minute).

Big 3 points, doesn’t matter how we got it, joint top of the league.

Santos was at fault for Santos’ yellow card, bundling in when there was ample cover. Thomason very unlucky for his, too. Didn’t seem to do much wrong other than get under the skin of a much more experienced opponent.

So many instances of us trying to walk the ball in, and for a team who likes to spread the ball about we looked incredibly narrow for long spells and rather than kill the game by making them chase us about, we invited them back in to it trying to rush one and two touch football going back towards goal.

I was hopeful that the changes we made would stretch the game a bit and see us get three or four as they chased an equaliser, but instead we tried shutting up shop when the likes of Paris and Mendes-Gomes don’t seem anywhere near capable of that, certainly not compared to the more defensively minded players they came on for.

Sad to say it but Dan looked utterly hopeless btw. I’m sure his first touch on one occasion ended up on Harvester car park.

First 25 minutes were the best we’ve played in a long time, and support from the fans to match. Interesting to note Evatt mentioning in his interview that it was everything that they’d planned to do in the Wigan game in terms of the tempo and intensity.  

• Site Supporter

If you’ve ever played football - and I suspect many haven’t based on their whining - you’ll know that the LAST thing a team with ten men needs is to spend half an hour chasing the ball.

It’s knackering, demoralising and leads to errors both physically and mentally.

Having fat barrels of shitty lard bellowing “get it in the mixer” when they get a sweat on just buttoning their jeans after a piss must sound hilarious to pro athletes.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Santos was at fault for Santos’ yellow card, bundling in when there was ample cover. Thomason very unlucky for his, too. Didn’t seem to do much wrong other than get under the skin of a much more experienced opponent.

So many instances of us trying to walk the ball in, and for a team who likes to spread the ball about we looked incredibly narrow for long spells and rather than kill the game by making them chase us about, we invited them back in to it trying to rush one and two touch football going back towards goal.

I was hopeful that the changes we made would stretch the game a bit and see us get three or four as they chased an equaliser, but instead we tried shutting up shop when the likes of Paris and Mendes-Gomes don’t seem anywhere near capable of that, certainly not compared to the more defensively minded players they came on for.

Sad to say it but Dan looked utterly hopeless btw. I’m sure his first touch on one occasion ended up on Harvester car park.

First 25 minutes were the best we’ve played in a long time, and support from the fans to match. Interesting to note Evatt mentioning in his interview that it was everything that they’d planned to do in the Wigan game in terms of the tempo and intensity.  

That's the very point I was making above.

If you're going attack minded, then attack, don't sit back.

If the natural way of things is to sit back towards the end, with a narrow lead, then don't overly disrupt the defensive side of things. The team that has been doing so well may be the best to see it out!

1 minute ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Massive result that. No stand out player today for us, but we are such a better team with Toal playing. 

Expected a lot more from Derby. Bang average team. 

Thought Toal was MOM.  Sheehan, great game, Dempsey, as always, everywhere. Baxter needs to start coming off his goal line, and we need to get back to shooting around the box. 3 points, big win, they where poor before the sending off. If thats all we have to worry about, we should be fine.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Spider said:

Derby, it must be said, are pretty average.

But let’s not ignore the fact we made them look it today.

Have you changed your mind, slagging off fans for wanting to kill the game off with another goal. Possession football never scores a goal, but can concede one.

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Derby, it must be said, are pretty average.

But let’s not ignore the fact we made them look it today.

I agree.

Same around me, most had gone by 80 mins.

Everyone moaning all the game.

One pass went astray and the abuse was ridiculous.

We were fantastic today.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Have you changed your mind, slagging off fans for wanting to kill the game off with another goal. Possession football never scores a goal, but can concede one.

Patience is a virtue.

As the second goal went in some slobbering fucking idiot 4 seats away was busy moaning that we never crossed the ball.

he was STILL moaning whilst everyone celebrated

I cannot, and will never, get my head around that kind of attitude

Derby cannot score whilst we have the ball. The moment we hoof it into the never never, they have half a chance. See?

Edited by Spider

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Patience is a virtue.

As the second goal went in some slobbering fucking idiot 4 seats away was busy moaning that we never crossed the ball.

he was STILL moaning whilst everyone celebrated

I cannot, and will never, get my head around that kind of attitude

Derby cannot score whilst we have the ball. The moment we hoof it into the never never, they have half a chance. See?

That’s most goal kicks, we over play it when attacking, just shoot: