Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gladiators

gonzo

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Had some great prizes though.

Wonder how many winners have still got their boat?

More funny than the lads who won a boat were those who knew each other as mates from the local pub and won a fitted kitchen.

How the fuck do you split a fitted kitchen?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, wanderer1984 said:

Turns out she's now a very successful stunt double/coordinator and has been since gladiators 

Most recently did some marvel film 

Could probably afford the insurance now

2xhhibbuul081.png

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

Turns out she's now a very successful stunt double/coordinator and has been since gladiators 

Most recently did some marvel film 

Could probably afford the insurance now

2xhhibbuul081.png

Happened to see this earlier, some injury list that!

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

More funny than the lads who won a boat were those who knew each other as mates from the local pub and won a fitted kitchen.

How the fuck do you split a fitted kitchen?

A speedboat for 2 labourers from Sutton Coldfield without a pot to piss in and living 100's of miles from the sea who didn't even own a car between them to tow it anywhere.

25 minutes ago, Traf said:

A speedboat for 2 labourers from Sutton Coldfield without a pot to piss in and living 100's of miles from the sea who didn't even own a car between them to tow it anywhere.

Probably more interested in how much they could get for it in scrap 

Just watching it now, enjoying it! Couple of cringe moments but I really like how they've tried to recreate the feel of it with the crowd and the atmosphere.

And you can stalk all the Gladiators on their Instagrams now too... 👀

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Just watching it now, enjoying it! Couple of cringe moments but I really like how they've tried to recreate the feel of it with the crowd and the atmosphere.

My 12 year old was shouting at the telly about that legend and the triad one like I used to shout at Wolf. Pantomime villains innit. Love it.

We had tickets to go to Sheffield to watch the filming but a family we knew went the day before us and it said it was a bit of nightmare. You weren't guaranteed to get in and fimling took about 10 hours. The lad that was injured was out ages in reality. It was a bit of mission to Sheffield for a long day like that. Dont think they had a bar either :)

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

My 12 year old was shouting at the telly about that legend and the triad one like I used to shout at Wolf. Pantomime villains innit. Love it.

We had tickets to go to Sheffield to watch the filming but a family we knew went the day before us and it said it was a bit of nightmare. You weren't guaranteed to get in and fimling took about 10 hours. The lad that was injured was out ages in reality. It was a bit of mission to Sheffield for a long day like that. Dont think they had a bar either :)

I was desperate to go to the NIA in the 90s and watch an episode (I always just assumed it would be the 1 hour that you see on the telly then off you go 😂) but in reality I can imagine it being a bit of a nightmare like you describe, especially for the adults.

Proper idolised that show as a kid sticker album the lot, be great if kids get into this new one too. 11 episodes so lots of it to watch!

That legend chap has appeared loads on this lads videos. Mega popular amongst gym gimps.

A lot a quiet funny tbf. If you're a gimp that is :D

Edited by gonzo

7 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Yep 😄IMG_3711.thumb.jpeg.d68a544ef8676ddab6eaf58ae32a3016.jpeg

28 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Reckon that little black lad enjoyed getting manhandled by them beefcakes a little bit too much.

What, that steel worker from Sheffield who was wearing nail varnish?

Irish bird that won it was mint, she could have been a gladiator herself.

11 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

An absolute giant him!

Not getting any better Bradley Walsh's son is he?

Im not really sure why they got him in. His old fella is perfectly fine and they could've chucked in Tess Daley or summet.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Im not really sure why they got him in. His old fella is perfectly fine and they could've chucked in Tess Daley or summet.

Because he's Bradley Walsh's son. Literally the only reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Boltoner on tonight

She's getting annihilated by a pocket rocket Irish bird going into the eliminator. 

Edit: absolute scenes... Fair play for that comeback. 

Edited by stevieb

4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Boltoner on tonight

She's getting annihilated by a pocket rocket Irish bird going into the eliminator. 

Edit: absolute scenes... Fair play for that comeback. 

Spoilers, dickhead. I’ve got six rashers, two barms and an egg lined up ready for watching Gladiators tomorrow afternoon.