Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan Athletic (A)

Leyther_Matt

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Who was that fella who was utter crap but folk used to chant his name because it was easy to sing - big fella, never did anything as far as I remember 

Riga?

27 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah thats him; was a favourite for a while but can't remember him doing anything 

Amazing what a catchy song can do to embellish somones ability.

Owen Coyle got our managers gig on the back of such :)

38 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Although to be fair during that snowy winter it was fun to see Burnley fans pissed off.

And then I saw the suit trousers....

There's a John Green quote in there somewhere...

My recollection of the Sordell signing was we spent all summer trying to get Wilfried Zaha to sign and when he finally told us to sling it we only had a few days of the window left, so we panicked and went after another England U21 forward based on nothing but word of mouth. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

My recollection of the Sordell signing was we spent all summer trying to get Wilfried Zaha to sign and when he finally told us to sling it we only had a few days of the window left, so we panicked and went after another England U21 forward based on nothing but word of mouth. 

Pretty much though it was January and it was late on the last day

Sordell was literally on his way to Cardiff or something and we thought he must be decent so we'll go for him 

Bassini even reckons he personally refunded us after he felt we over paid for him 

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/17788752.laurence-bassini-claims-personally-refunded-bolton-wanderers-signed-marvin-sordell-watford/

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Pretty much though it was January and it was late on the last day

Sordell was literally on his way to Cardiff or something and we thought he must be decent so we'll go for him 

Bassini even reckons he personally refunded us after he felt we over paid for him 

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/17788752.laurence-bassini-claims-personally-refunded-bolton-wanderers-signed-marvin-sordell-watford/

Good guy that Bassini haha

If it’s not the Jewish telegraph though I’m calling fake news

Edited by tomski

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Who was that fella who was utter crap but folk used to chant his name because it was easy to sing - big fella, never did anything as far as I remember 

Bit like Morley. Catchy song so they sing his name more than most of our better performers - not that Morley is that bad mind

50 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Bit like Morley. Catchy song so they sing his name more than most of our better performers - not that Morley is that bad mind

I really like Dacres Cogley but Im not sure hes worthy of his song quite yet :D

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What's his song? Haven't heard it

Been trying to think of one 

Only thing I can make fit is Copacabana 

Just now, gonzo said:

He has done miles more to our success this season but never gets his name heard with the fans. Anyway a couple of weeks of nervous games including Blackpool and Wigan away; after the Wigan game we need to be in second place as our games in hand on Derby will have gone. 

4 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

He has done miles more to our success this season but never gets his name heard with the fans. Anyway a couple of weeks of nervous games including Blackpool and Wigan away; after the Wigan game we need to be in second place as our games in hand on Derby will have gone. 

Been our most consistent player this season, arguably player of the year.

44 minutes ago, Ratwhite said:

We owe these buggers a good walloping.

depending on next three games, this could be massive 

I’d go as far as to say win this and the belief would be there to go on and win the league, especially with 4k fans behind the goal celebrating with the team.

21 hours ago, deeane Koontz said:

Classy player N'gog

Better than all of our current strikers combined

He was shite let's be honest. His career path pretty much shows how shit he was. He had a nice touch but no instinct to score or get in the box. Could always score a decent goal but was never a proper striker. 

1 hour ago, Arrested development said:

He was shite let's be honest. His career path pretty much shows how shit he was. He had a nice touch but no instinct to score or get in the box. Could always score a decent goal but was never a proper striker. 

I wasn't being serious :D

Wasn't he another player who some of our odder fans had a cock song for