Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A)

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, MickyD said:

I have one ticket available for this game if anyone is interested. £25, I’ll stand the booking fee.

Still available 

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye.

As a slight aside, I see Evatt had a bit of a moan about the internationals and our players getting called up.

Wish he wouldn't.

Mid season friendlies can get in the bin so I agree with him there.

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Our players weren't/aren't necessarily playing friendlies.

Norn iron lads were including Dion who should still be at the club getting healthy rather than fucking about travelling for meaningless games.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Norn iron lads were including Dion who should still be at the club getting healthy rather than fucking about travelling for meaningless games.

A separate point all together. 

A manager moaning about competitive internationals just doesn't sit right.

Especially when saying other clubs (a reference to Derby I presume) don't have the same problem- he's writing another team talk.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

think he just wants to get some breathing space away from the mrs for a few days

I thought Exeter was a must win.

Derby was a must not lose.

We fucked up those two and we still have a fighting chance.

This really is a must win for me. Opportunities can’t keep coming and going at this late stage of the season. 

We need to close the gap on Derby after these 2 Easter games as I can’t see them getting 6 points. 

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

After last night's game?

Needs must I expect. Pitch looked in great nick last night. Far better than last year.

They had all those pretend yellow players out as well, so presumably practising free kicks.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Needs must I expect. Pitch looked in great nick last night. Far better than last year.

They had all those pretend yellow players out as well, so presumably practising free kicks.

I get the impression that last night's game was a bit of a pass fest, without much in the way of pitch gauging sliding tackles.

The stats were high for both sides, though theirs may well have been largely sideways. 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I get the impression that last night's game was a bit of a pass fest, without much in the way of pitch gauging sliding tackles.

The stats were high for both sides, though theirs may well have been largely sideways. 

Absolutely. And apart from a brief flurry at the end only half of the pitch got used each half, so wear and tear was very light.