Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Client ref's for Portsmouth

R5dean

10 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Won’t see them again unless we go up 

Wont see who ? i've been a season ticket holder for years prior to this year.

Don't judge what you don't know...

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Still find it mad we make it actively difficult to sell seats in a never full stadium. 

It’s bloody hard work for the “occasional supporter” to buy tickets these days.

Remember back in the day when 4 mates having a beer in town could just say “fancy going to the match today?”

Walk down to Burnden,pay on the day - job done.

9 minutes ago, tomski said:

Still find it mad we make it actively difficult to sell seats in a never full stadium. 

Yeah this was my frustration, i've had an account for years, have previously been a season ticket holder but they are unwilling to sell me more than one ticket for the game, it seems crazy and i'd be very surprised if the south stand is anywhere near full for Portsmouth.

9 minutes ago, R5dean said:

Yeah this was my frustration, i've had an account for years, have previously been a season ticket holder but they are unwilling to sell me more than one ticket for the game, it seems crazy and i'd be very surprised if the south stand is anywhere near full for Portsmouth.

It’s madness.

Can’t think of many other business that makes  it such hard work to make a purchase.

I read a story last week where some neutral lads tried to buy tickets for our game v Reading, they found it so difficult they  ended up giving up and went to Blackburns game instead.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

It’s bloody hard work for the “occasional supporter” to buy tickets these days.

Remember back in the day when 4 mates having a beer in town could just say “fancy going to the match today?”

Walk down to Burnden,pay on the day - job done.

Is it? Every time I've needed an extra ticket, if my lad is bringing a mate or whatever, I've just gone to the ticket office and had no problem whatsoever. Buying online might be a bit of a ballache, but I don't think they're turning people away at the ticket office. Are they?

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Is it? Every time I've needed an extra ticket, if my lad is bringing a mate or whatever, I've just gone to the ticket office and had no problem whatsoever. Buying online might be a bit of a ballache, but I don't think they're turning people away at the ticket office. Are they?

I called them yesterday and got told if i didn't have the ref numbers i couldn't have the tickets, so yes they are !

Maybe not in person but not everyone has the time to mooch up to the ticket office.

11 minutes ago, R5dean said:

I called them yesterday and got told if i didn't have the ref numbers i couldn't have the tickets, so yes they are !

Maybe not in person but not everyone has the time to mooch up to the ticket office.

If you rock up in person at the ticket office before today it's reasonable for them to assume that you're not from Portsmouth

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, R5dean said:

I meant in person. It's right next to the stadium!

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

That's my experience too.  I've probably bought an extra ticket or two for virtually half the home games this season if cups are included, and its been no trouble at all in person.  I appreciate not everyone has the luxury of being able to go the ticket office during the week. 

Edited by Johnnyrotten

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's my experience too.  I've probably bought an extra ticket or two for virtually half the home games this season if cups are included, and its been no trouble at all in person.  I appreciate not everyone has the luxury of being able to go the ticket office during the week. 

I just get there a bit earlier and buy them on the day.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Do you acknowledge that’s going out of your way a bit and this not ‘easy’

It's about 200 metres out of my way, and an extra 10 minutes. It's not exactly a massive inconvenience.

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's about 200 metres out of my way, and an extra 10 minutes. It's not exactly a massive inconvenience.

200 metres? 10 minutes? I reckon I could run 200 metres in 10 minutes! Happen!

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, MickyD said:

200 metres? 10 minutes? I reckon I could run 200 metres in 10 minutes! Happen!

I mean 10 minutes in the ticket office if there's a queue.

I might be in a minority here but the club have got it absolutely spot on. Computer systems aren’t designed for ‘yeah but what if’ so of course there’s a certain inflexibility, but any if that was stretched then GMP would be coining it in even more than they are already. I might be a little biased as I spent 10 years dealing with stuff like this on a daily basis but I know how GMP will be playing it, and I also remember the last time we had any sort of mass of away fans in our end when we played Everton in the cup and the club were criticised left, right and centre so not having restrictions on tickets quickly enough. 

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

Most people don't like to just "chance it" for a ticket. I now know how easy it is to get things sorted by ringing the ticket office, but sometimes that's been a 10min wait. Occasional supporters/neutrals aren't going to bother.

I'm not a fan of a membership scheme just to watch football. I wouldn't be a member of anything else to watch something as a one off.

Just now, Stig said:

Most people don't like to just "chance it" for a ticket. I now know how easy it is to get things sorted by ringing the ticket office, but sometimes that's been a 10min wait. Occasional supporters/neutrals aren't going to bother.

I'm not a fan of a membership scheme just to watch football. I wouldn't be a member of anything else to watch something as a one off.

Tbf you have to have accounts to purchase most form of tickets for anything nowadays.