Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Let The Guessing Games Begin

Elson

Footballer held over death crash

A professional footballer has been arrested after two boys were killed in a crash on the M6 in Staffordshire.

The youngsters, aged eight and 10, died after a Toyota Previa people carrier careered down an embankment following a collision with a Range Rover.

Police held the 25-year-old player, who was in the Range Rover, on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

The 37-year-old driver of the Previa was seriously hurt and a man, aged 49, and two children have minor injuries.

The arrested man, who was heading from Manchester to Silverstone, was not hurt, police said.

The motorway was closed southbound between junctions 16 and 15 following the incident in the early hours of Saturday morning, and reopened at lunchtime.

One boy was pronounced dead at the scene and the other died at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire in Stoke-on-Trent.

It is not known which club the footballer plays for.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Staffordshire Police

R I P little ones

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Special One

gutted for the kids parents, no parent should have to bury their kids

if he( the player) caused the deaths, hang the fooker

rip

• Site Supporter

He'll be blamed for the deaths if it is found he was going anything over 70mph. The thing is though, it could have been any one of us. Who doesn't regularly do 80+ on a motorway?

RIP the two kids but let's not have a witch-hunt until the people who measure accident debris fields and rubber tread-marks decide how fast and stuff.

• Site Supporter
any evidence to show he was or are we starting the witch hunt?

it is possible that it was just a pure and simple accident

Thank fcuk for that. Another voice of reason on WW!

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/...98487-20599638/

McCormick is believed to have been on his way back from Plymouth teammate David Norris's wedding in Bolton when the tragedy happened.

The Championship footballer was driving his black Range Rover down the M6 near Keele services at 5.45am when his car collided with the people carrier. He was unhurt. Two other boys, aged eight and 15, and a 49-year-old man who were also in the Toyota suffered minor injuries.

The group is understood to have been travelling to Silverstone, Northants, from their home in Manchester.

A police source said: "This is an absolute tragedy that has led to two children losing their lives. We believe the driver was over the drink-drive limit."

What a waste of 2 innocent life's :angry:

Edited by Elson

Charged with charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving, driving with excess alcohol and driving without insurance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/7442783.stm

Well he's fcuk then,he should get Life really it he was pissed.

Driving without insurance too.WTF.Why did he just not stay over.

What a waste of two lives that is,and he has ruined countless others too,

and what for?FCUK ALL. :nea: That poor mother.

No insurance, over the limit, killed two kids, paralysed the father and ruined a family.

hang.gif

Oh and frank spencer, don't doubt me, i knew it was fact before i posted tip.gif

Unbelievable but the same could have happened with one of my mates.

He got in his car in Leeds and tried to drive back to Manchester. So pissed his only thoughts was to get home. Crashed into a roundabout on a slip road just off the M602 at 4 in the morning. Fortunantly nobody was hurt.

This could explain what the Plymouth lad was doing. The no insurance though is a mystery.

• Moderators
Unbelievable but the same could have happened with one of my mates.

He got in his car in Leeds and tried to drive back to Manchester. So pissed his only thoughts was to get home. Crashed into a roundabout on a slip road just off the M602 at 4 in the morning. Fortunantly nobody was hurt.

This could explain what the Plymouth lad was doing. The no insurance though is a mystery.

explain it, but not justify it

the no insurance thing isn't a mystery

given his attitude to driving home from manchester to plymouth at 5 in the morning when still p?ssed

either that or he just forgot

got a mate who has been banned twice for drink driving, people who continually do it get into a habit and think they'll never get caught

they also try to justify it with "i'm not that bad a driver when I'm drunk anyway" - but it's not about you, it's about other people on the road

fortunately my mate got caught, fortunately no one else was involved when he did

whatever reasons he had for wanting to get back to plymouth early were, bet he wishes he hadn't now, deserves whatever he gets

• Site Supporter

I'll bet the no insurance was the fact that the car WAS insured but not with enough cover to have the footballer driving. Otherwise the car would have pinged every Number Recognition Camera between Plymouth and here. (And thats' one or two on each motorway plus every police car plus other roads.)

A Bolton connection to the story emerges.

It is thought that Luke McCormick was returning home after attending the wedding of his former Plymouth teammate David Norris in Bolton on Friday.

A Bolton connection to the story emerges.

It is thought that Luke McCormick was returning home after attending the wedding of his former Plymouth teammate David Norris in Bolton on Friday.

Aye. It emerged at 2.44pm yesterday on this very thread.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.