Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next 6 Games

Alf Hartigan

• Site Supporter

i like the Allardyce/Brown stategy of grouping games to get a certain amount of points from a set amount of games

our next 6 are

west ham a

blackburn h

spurs a

everton h

man city h

hull a

i would set a minimum of 10 pts from those games.

West Ham - 1

Blackburn - 3

Spurs - 0

Everton - 1

Man City - 1

Hull - 0

---------------------

That'd leave us with 10 points from 12 games. As a whole, I think the next 6 are tougher than the first six. We should have done better against the likes of West Brom, Fulham and with the circumstances, Newcastle.

One win could push us on, we've not played too badly so we should end up beating lesser teams.

• Site Supporter

i think their idea was not to set targets for each game,but over a series of games

thereby giving players a chance to redeem themselves when they fucked up

all part of sports psychology i presume

makes sense to me,and seemed to be working for them

manny,can see where you are coming from with predictions though

you fuckin pessimist

Edited by Alf Hartigan

Not a cat in hells chance.

WHU and Blackburn and City are on fire.

Everton always win at the Bok.

Whys should we get 10 points? We are on an awful run and these games are tougher than the previous 6 where we have got 4 points.

Dont understand the logic.

My opinion is 4 points.

D, D, L, L, D, W.

By my reckoning he will be sacked before City at home.

west ham a (0)

blackburn h (1)

spurs a (0)

everton h (0)

man city h (0)

hull a (1)

I aint pleased with Megson, but even so we will easily beat that total, blackburn everton are no great shakes away from home city will be tough but I expect a draw, I also can see draws at Hull and Spurs, so I am going for 8 points.

i like the Allardyce/Brown stategy of grouping games to get a certain amount of points from a set amount of games

our next 6 are

west ham a

blackburn h

spurs a

everton h

man city h

hull a

18,Cmon you whites :yahoo:

Whys should we get 10 points? We are on an awful run and these games are tougher than the previous 6 where we have got 4 points.

My opinion is 4 points.

D, D, L, L, D, W.

You're exaggerating a bit, Tony. WHU, Rovers & City have all had good starts to the season but I wouldn't say they're 'on-fire'. And while Everton have a decent record at the Reebok, we've won two & drawn two of the last seven; plus they've also had a rocky start to the season.

Overall though, I'd echo your gloom. Even allowing for missing players, we don't seem to have decided what system we're playing and Megson is still stuck in his cautious (negative?) mood. If we continue to lose gallantly against the top teams and to lose pathetically against the ordinary teams, we're stuffed. Megson needs to find a system/combination which exploits the attacking options he now has in order to overcome the poor midfield options he's left himself with. If he can't do that, then we're stuffed until January - assuming he can then find the players he couldn't find in the previous 3.5 months transfer window.

I've already predicted elsewhere that we'll have 8 points after 10 games, meaning 4 from the next 4 games. If I add 3 from the next two, that's 7 points from the next 6 games. 11 points from the opening 12 games, after the start we've had, would be respectable and a decent platform. But I'm not holding my breath; Megson has some problems to resolve starting at Upton Park if we're to achieve or better my prediction.

As you know Alfred I am also a 'f*ck*n' pessimist' but I can't remember how long ago it was we got a 10 point haul from 6 games. I honestly think it is more likely we will get 0 than 10.

I reckon we will get 3.

Everytime I watch another Premier League game these days I realise just how poor our squad is.

If we get 10 points from the next six games I'll paint my bottom blue! . . . I'm just funny like that ;)

Edited by Arnold Jackson

Guest westmidswhite

west ham a O points

blackburn h 1 point

spurs a 0 points

everton h 1 point

man city h 0 points

hull a 1 point

Megson relieved of his duties on the Monday after Hull

If we win at West Ham i will be stunned (or even draw). We will know doubt play as crap as we did against Fulham. We played well yesterday but its alright having good performances against the top teams but we need to be up for it against teams we should be taking points from. We will be flat again this weekend.

As for the 5 games after that im not optimistic. Im sure Spurs wish they were playin us this weekend!

• Site Supporter

everyone seems to be presuming i was predicting 10 pts. I wasn't.

just saying that this is the sort of realistic target to set the players.

for the record,i've wagered money that we will go down(with a stranger in the Bromilow Arms)

our next 6 are

west ham a

blackburn h

spurs a

everton h

man city h

hull a

Being a pessimist and being a Realist are two different things. I expected us to get No points from Fulham/Arsenal/ManU.

As for the next 6 games, I think we will get either 1pt or 3pts from West ham, Rovers and Everton(5pts or 7pts). Ive got a feeling that we will struggle against City because they are better than they have been for a while and Spurs because they will come good at the wrong time for us.( 0 pts) I have got a good feeling that we will batter Hull at their place.(3pts)

Total 8 or 10

My opinion is 4 points.

D, D, L, L, D, W.

Thats the biggest pile of crap ive read on here for at least a couple of days. :rofl:

West Ham - 1

Blackburn - 3

Spurs - 0

Everton - 1

Man City - 1

Hull - 0

---------------------

That'd leave us with 10 points from 12 games. As a whole, I think the next 6 are tougher than the first six. We should have done better against the likes of West Brom, Fulham and with the circumstances, Newcastle.

One win could push us on, we've not played too badly so we should end up beating lesser teams.

The newcastle match was before everthing went tits up at thier place.

If we keep up the performance levels of the last 2 games i'd go for

west ham a1

blackburn h 3

spurs a 1

everton h 1

man city h 3

hull a 0

9 points there for me.

west ham a 3

blackburn h 3

spurs a 0

everton h 1

man city h 3

hull a 3

13 :yahoo:

I honestly think that we might just sneak a win a t West Ham, and if we do then we will do alright. Maybe not 13 but 10 is realistic with a win at West Ham.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.