Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Get Him In

Looked good in the last world cup, played for a number of top clubs

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4216228,00.html

Absof?ckinglutely

At 60k a week wages he has no chance of coming to the Reebok. Gone are days when we paid big salaries to player and thats why will we also never see the quality of JJ and Hiero play for us.

Have to disagree there Macc, we've removed enough chaff from the wage bill to acommodate this lad

Absof?ckinglutely

Have to disagree there Macc, we've removed enough chaff from the wage bill to acommodate this lad

You are right we have removed a lot of chaff but also gate and commercial income is down at the club. I know we have the sky money but this is used to fund the debt and general running of the club. We seem to be a club that is preparing for the worst instead of perhaps being brave and spending some money, although not being as silly as Leeds Utd were.

We may also get the other players asking for a pay rise to match the new boy. I would guess most of first team are on 20 to 25 k a week with a few more established players (Nolan, Davies, Jussi and Ricky) perhaps on 40k unless someone knows better.

That's what we are missing...Africans! We were good when we had them in our team.

we were better when we had Africans in our team but they fcuked off every two yeares to play in Cup of Nations. They then came back injured or tired and never got back to their pre cup form.

get in some good young british players and we may get better

• Moderators
At 60k a week wages he has no chance of coming to the Reebok. Gone are days when we paid big salaries to player and thats why will we also never see the quality of JJ and Hiero play for us.

For the umpteenth time, Hierro was signed from some Arab mickey mouse league and only had a handful of decent games for us, his days of being quality were long gone. We saw glimpses, nowt more.

For the umpteenth time, Hierro was signed from some Arab mickey mouse league and only had a handful of decent games for us, his days of being quality were long gone. We saw glimpses, nowt more.

I know we didn't see the best of Hierro but we did pay him big money and that was the point I was making

• Moderators
I know we didn't see the best of Hierro but we did pay him big money and that was the point I was making

I doubt very much he was on what you would call "big money", not that any of us actually know. Anelka is the only player I'd expect to have ever been on wages that compete with top clubs.

He was probably getting paid a stupidly large amount for strolling around in that Arab league though, I've no doubt he took a pay cut to come to us. As Carlos rightly points out, he played well about 3 times for us, the rest of the time he was poor at best

He's top class, and only 27.

There has to be a reason why there are'nt more clubs interested, even the ?60,000 a week shouldn't put off some of the bigger teams gettting somebody that good on a free.

I know that it is all guess work and all that, but IMO getting Stelios Campo and the rest that left in January off the wage bill should free up enough to offer in the region of ?50,000, and seen as he has publicly stated that he doesn't have many other offers then I think it would definitely tempt him.

Another freebie that I've seen is Tristan, he is currently training with West Ham. I know he's 32 and his best years are behind him, but he still has the quality to open up defences and playing in the front 3 he could be the creativity that we need.

He's top class, and only 27.

There has to be a reason why there are'nt more clubs interested, even the ?60,000 a week shouldn't put off some of the bigger teams gettting somebody that good on a free.

I know that it is all guess work and all that, but IMO getting Stelios Campo and the rest that left in January off the wage bill should free up enough to offer in the region of ?50,000, and seen as he has publicly stated that he doesn't have many other offers then I think it would definitely tempt him.

Another freebie that I've seen is Tristan, he is currently training with West Ham. I know he's 32 and his best years are behind him, but he still has the quality to open up defences and playing in the front 3 he could be the creativity that we need.

dont forget anelka was on 80 k a week at the end.

we were better when we had Africans in our team but they fcuked off every two yeares to play in Cup of Nations. They then came back injured or tired and never got back to their pre cup form.

get in some good young british players and we may get better

Sure i heard that they are trying to move ACN to summer now instead of jan/feb.

Sure i heard that they are trying to move ACN to summer now instead of jan/feb.

the european clubs want them to, i think the problem is that it is too hot to play over there then.

not sure how that stacks up with world cup in south africa though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.