Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stoke Game

Guest YW

Is the clock ticking ready for Traf logging on?

Are my ears burning?

Danny K2, behave yourself.

Constructive criticism is fine and positively encouraged.

Groundless moaning is neither.

So, play the game or trot off to the-wankerer.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest realbwfc
Are my ears burning?

Danny K2, behave yourself.

Constructive criticism is fine and positively encouraged.

Groundless moaning is neither.

So, play the game or trot off to the-wankerer.

are you a little afraid of the "wankerer" i get the vibe you are <_<,

i dont agree with people just posting negative comments , but surely just banning anyone you dont like is a little ...........................well sad

(guess i will get the "tick tock" now)

anyway i thought tonights game would be a bloody hard one they did beat Arsenal at the Brittania so no mugs at home

Real bwfc,

1. We're not afraid of the-wanderer.co.uk at all. They take the mickey out of us and we do the same. It's harmless banter, ie not taking oneself too seriously.

2. It was never suggested that we ban people just because we don't like them: after all, you're still here! :rofl:

3. You won't get any short shrift (or tick-tock) from me for having an opinion. It's the recent deluge of unreasonable moaning we're trying to stem.

4. We share the opinion of how hard tonight's game was going to be.

Hopefully, you will find these answers satisfactorily self-explanatory.

Yours quite sincerely,

Traf, your helpful, friendly moderator. :air_kiss:

Tonight was disappointing, but we've been a lot worse. Jussi hasn't made a save, Sorensen has made quite a few decent saves.

If Elmander scores from the stretching shot Sorensen tipped over just before their goal, it's a completely different game.

To be fair to Stoke, their defence is pretty decent, and they close teams down very well. In midfield they are pretty poor, but with players like Beattie and Fuller up front, they've also got enough quality to prove a handful.

Defending was poor for the goals, but it's just a bad day at the office. There's plenty of winnable games left, and we could be in a much worse position.

Several idiots in the crowd tonight mind.

• Members

Slightly surprised by some of the negative comments on here from some. If anyone would care to look at Stokes home statistics discounting the top four (as someone posted on a previous thread) our result wasn't exactly a massive shock. I did think we'd get a draw and, a little luck in the right place and it could have been a completely different game.

I understand peoples disappointment when we lose. I have been like that for decades. I just don't get the toys out of the pram tantrum mindset. Who do they think it will impress?

Didn't see anyone going off like a two bob watch after our two recent home wins. Is that what we've become? An army of Tony and Danny Cees? Say nowt when we have a good result and moan like fcuk when we have a bad one?

• Site Supporter

big scrap at half time under the stands,looked like bolton yoof getting beat up by some older gent

only bit of enjoyment for me tonight.

awful performance BTW,brought me right back down to earth.

i was a bit miffed with all the Owen Coyle songs though....most people singing his name didn't look old enough to remember him.

surely they aren't suggesting he should be our manager.

big scrap at half time under the stands,looked like bolton yoof getting beat up by some older gent

only bit of enjoyment for me tonight.

awful performance BTW,brought me right back down to earth.

i was a bit miffed with all the Owen Coyle songs though....most people singing his name didn't look old enough to remember him.

surely they aren't suggesting he should be our manager.

The owen coyle chants seemed to be before game in concourse and at half time, mainly yoof. Didn't hear any during game to be honest. There may have been but a very small minority.

Slightly surprised by some of the negative comments on here from some. If anyone would care to look at Stokes home statistics discounting the top four (as someone posted on a previous thread) our result wasn't exactly a massive shock. I did think we'd get a draw and, a little luck in the right place and it could have been a completely different game.

I understand peoples disappointment when we lose. I have been like that for decades. I just don't get the toys out of the pram tantrum mindset. Who do they think it will impress?

Didn't see anyone going off like a two bob watch after our two recent home wins. Is that what we've become? An army of Tony and Danny Cees? Say nowt when we have a good result and moan like fcuk when we have a bad one?

Really?

Went to the game tonight and after reading the comments on here I thought I would have my say.

1: Wanderers were shite tonight, didnt have any REAL chances apart from Elmander in the first few mintues (which Sorrenson saves well) and at the end when AGAIN having the game of his life saved what would have been goal of the season. We looked to have NO idea going forward and looked to have no idea on how to defend.

2: Al Habsi, I loved the lad when he was in the sticks last season, BUT without Jussi tonight it WOULD ave been worse. 2 class saves in the 2nd half one he palmed on to the crossbar, the other was 1on1 with Fuller!?!?

3: Too much hope on Ricardo tbh. He won us the game on Sunday and all credit to the lad, and should have started, but to expect him to come on and change a game 1-0 was a bit much.

4: Stoke defending - crap. BUT Midfield won every ball AND every second ball, it was a very much stronger midfield than ours and that really won the game for them.

5: Pullis used his subs wisely, whereas Megson aint really got anyone good enough to come on and change the game.

6: The dicks shouting OWEN COYLE, MEGSON OUT, WANKER etc. FFS, get a life lads. WHO else is going to come in? I am NOT a big fan of Megson and dont like the way he manages. BUT he is the manager of BOLTON WANDERERS and until the day he is not I will support him, whether his decisions are good or bad he is the man who kept us up last season and looks likely to do so again. He picks the team GRANTED, but the major thing is, is that once picked and the lads kick off he has no control over how they play, it is up to the overpaid premadonas to do the business.

Overall 2-0 on paper to Stoke is a bad result, BUT at the end of the season when we stay up who cares. The have beaten Arsenal at home, what does that state.

I think a reality check is needed for some Bolton 'FANS' We are never going to be a major force in the league, maybe Europe in the last few seasons has deluded a few, but hang on in their, the team is a young team and maybe in a few years we maybe able to go on another tour.

Rant over!!!

Guest westmidswhite
Went to the game tonight and after reading the comments on here I thought I would have my say.

1: Wanderers were shite tonight, didnt have any REAL chances apart from Elmander in the first few mintues (which Sorrenson saves well) and at the end when AGAIN having the game of his life saved what would have been goal of the season. We looked to have NO idea going forward and looked to have no idea on how to defend.

2: Al Habsi, I loved the lad when he was in the sticks last season, BUT without Jussi tonight it WOULD ave been worse. 2 class saves in the 2nd half one he palmed on to the crossbar, the other was 1on1 with Fuller!?!?

3: Too much hope on Ricardo tbh. He won us the game on Sunday and all credit to the lad, and should have started, but to expect him to come on and change a game 1-0 was a bit much.

4: Stoke defending - crap. BUT Midfield won every ball AND every second ball, it was a very much stronger midfield than ours and that really won the game for them.

5: Pullis used his subs wisely, whereas Megson aint really got anyone good enough to come on and change the game.

6: The dicks shouting OWEN COYLE, MEGSON OUT, WANKER etc. FFS, get a life lads. WHO else is going to come in? I am NOT a big fan of Megson and dont like the way he manages. BUT he is the manager of BOLTON WANDERERS and until the day he is not I will support him, whether his decisions are good or bad he is the man who kept us up last season and looks likely to do so again. He picks the team GRANTED, but the major thing is, is that once picked and the lads kick off he has no control over how they play, it is up to the overpaid premadonas to do the business.

Overall 2-0 on paper to Stoke is a bad result, BUT at the end of the season when we stay up who cares. The have beaten Arsenal at home, what does that state.

I think a reality check is needed for some Bolton 'FANS' We are never going to be a major force in the league, maybe Europe in the last few seasons has deluded a few, but hang on in their, the team is a young team and maybe in a few years we maybe able to go on another tour.

Rant over!!!

How can you say you are not a fan of his and dont like the way he manages but say you support him? He is a muppet and his tactics stink - I was there tonight and with performances like that I wont be wasting much more money - and there are some in the club who do not appreciate what the muppet is doing. I heard it directly but I am not going to drop the guy in it and lose his job so dont ask me to name names

• Site Supporter

I hereby pledge never to post on threads of this nature again.

There are 9 or 10 people who only appear when we lose.

May I suggest a new forum to go underneath Behind The Stands? We can call it "Do Your F?cking Moaning Here You Miserable Tw?ts" there'll be no moderators since only 9 or 10 people will ever bother to go there.

If they post anything negative elsewhere they get a ban since they are breaking forum posting rules.

THEN we get to hang them upside down next to a hot radiator and pour paint into their bottoms.

• Site Supporter
Slightly surprised by some of the negative comments on here from some.

Trying not to do this in the style of sammy Lee, but here is the positive from last night:

Maybe the three points Stoke took from us last night will eventually ensure their safety in this league. Not because I'd like to see them again next year but because maybe; just maybe, it'll be at the expense of our dear friends up the road in Blackburn. :yahoo:

• Site Supporter
and there are some in the club who do not appreciate what the muppet is doing. I heard it directly but I am not going to drop the guy in it and lose his job so dont ask me to name names

I heard that too. That bloke who sells programmes before the game has some great points of view but he really does need to be careful. Obviously I won't name him either; we wouldn't like to see him lose his valued position within the club!

How can you say you are not a fan of his and dont like the way he manages but say you support him? He is a muppet and his tactics stink - I was there tonight and with performances like that I wont be wasting much more money - and there are some in the club who do not appreciate what the muppet is doing. I heard it directly but I am not going to drop the guy in it and lose his job so dont ask me to name names

which one?

Davo said they'd replaced the Chef is it this one?

Swedish_chef.jpg

AOB has got to fucking go, the guy is a fucking liability! He fucked up for the first goal and the amount of times he put us under needless pressure last night was a joke. Iam not blaming him for the defeat becuase we were shit allround but he did play a major part in our downfall.

i think you will find bolty i did have a go after west ham, but was shot to pieces by blinkered fans like you? thats the main and only reason i posted nothing after the newcastle game.

i think you will find bolty i did have a go after west ham, but was shot to pieces by blinkered fans like you? thats the main and only reason i posted nothing after the newcastle game.

these blinkered fans are still awaiting your constructive comments.

what would you change in order to become the world beaters you want us to be?

I was there tonight and with performances like that I wont be wasting much more money

Exactly. That's the feeling a lot of folk have at the minute.

Fair play to those who travel to every away game - by Christ you must have strong stomachs.

It takes me all my time to pick and choose away games and then sh?te like that gets served up and I wonder why the hell I even bothered. And quite rightly someone will come on here and tell me not too. But the fool in me will do again and fingers crossed it will be much better.

But the football on show each week is awful. Maybe I'm tactically inept - but what are we trying to achieve? What are our tactics?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.