Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Muamba

Muamba does his job OK, his problem is that we need a Jay-Jay type of player to push the ball to once he has won it. It is laughable the almost tangible panic that hits Muamba when he gets near the half way line with the ball still at his feet, he just looks lost.

Maybe as he and M Davies mature, they will become a formidable central midfield pairing.

As I have said often, the long term under Megson shows great promise - we need to get through the short term to reach it!!

I agree. We have been needing a creative midfielder for 2 seasons now. Hopefully we will get one in the summer!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats annoying is they had Ab Faye playing who in my view was awesome in the defensive midfield holding role, scared teams shitless, but we sell him for next to nowt to buy a young player, granted with potential, who isn't as good and reduces the effectiveness of the team to get results.

Surely a holding midfielder player should still be able to be creative, with us its stick or twist, Muamba we are way to defensive, swap him for Gardner we become wide open, surely Megson should be finding a player who can bring a little of both..

Edited by JimmyRiddle

Whats annoying is they had Ab Faye playing who in my view was awesome in the defensive midfield holding role, scared teams shitless, but we sell him for next to nowt to buy a young player, granted with potential, who isn't as good and reduces the effectiveness of the team to get results.

Surely a holding midfielder player should still be able to be creative, with us its stick or twist, Muamba we are way to defensive, swap him for Gardner we become wide open, surely Megson should be finding a player who can bring a little of both..

Ummm, would never say that A Faye was creative he was a destoryer and thats about it.

Whats annoying is they had Ab Faye playing who in my view was awesome in the defensive midfield holding role, scared teams shitless, but we sell him for next to nowt to buy a young player

I don't think we had much say in that.

His Uncle Sam came a hunting and after trying to hold back the tide of inevitability for July and early August, player power won.

Ummm, would never say that A Faye was creative he was a destoryer and thats about it.

aye

Point taken, but you did not have to take him off if you needed to chase the game.

But AFs ability to break up the game and retain posession gave others licence to push on, FM does not appear to give his teammates the same confidence.

Ask the question, which would you prefer in the def mid role??? Faye every time for me

I think hees a good player in bad form. He showed us what he is capeable of few games at the start of the season. He wasted a couple of good goalscoring chances earlier on in the season which i think knocked his confidence, its just a case of gettin his confidence back. We could do with a good holding midfielder in order for him to get forward more and prove himself.

He had a bad game, but the people in the away end boooing him when he was subbed are a disgrace.

Agreed, but if there was booing it was a small minority as I did not hear any. Same with the other stuff, I heard one burst of Owen Coyle.

In the main the support was very good, all the players looked gutted and acknowledged the fans that were left at the end.

Certainly did not get this aggro feel that people seem to portray on here, it was quite harmonious, apart from under the stand that is, hehe.

Also, thought Stoke fans were meant to never stop singing, they were shit, first peep out of them was when they two nil up!!!

Its funny but this young ref Stuart Atwell is getting a lot of shite from top players/managers for the mistakes he makes as a ref.

Yet in his defence, he needs to get a lot more games under his belt before he'll be a consistently good referee.

However, I bet 9/10 on here would jump straight on his back for his lack of experience.

Yet, we can pay millions for a player who cannot pass, head or kick a ball straight - pay him well (presumably) and still trawl out the "he's got potential" one-liners.

I hope he does come good - but at the minute he's poor. He's not alone. McCann (who I usually back) has been poor recently too.

And Steinsson seems out of position on too many occasions - but cos he's not Nicky Hunt, that appears to go unnoticed.

HOWS THE LAD DZEMALLI DOING AT TORINO .

ENZO - THE FLOOR IS YOURS , GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE PREM NEXT SEASON NOW HE,S OVER HIS INJURY ?

I did their game at weekend and he wasn't in the squad.

• Site Supporter
Yes it was just a minority, a hundred fans booing at most. A few in front of me were on Elmander's back all game and booed him down the tunnel at half time. Ridiculous people. Most of our away support is good thankfully.

What I don't understand is how, from your position behind these 'supporters', you could tell which player they were booing. The players walked off in groups of 2 or 3. Booing generally* surely can't be interpreted as booing solely at Elmander.

*This isn't to say I condone any sort of booing but for this poster to interpret a group of fans generally booing as booing at one player is, in my opinion, ridiculous. Football Genious he is not!

And Steinsson seems out of position on too many occasions - but cos he's not Nicky Hunt, that appears to go unnoticed.

I pointed that out weeks ago on here but got my head bit off.

Saying that though, Steinsson looked very solid on Wednesday when comparing his performance to the other full back.

Saying that though, Steinsson looked very solid on Wednesday when comparing his performance to the other full back.

I've said it often enough too.

• Site Supporter

muamba will go on to be a cracking player, double fact.

the fact that he is not starting every game at the minute shows he is not in form and megson knows that.

he need handling with care.

and the fans should not be attempted to destroy his confidence as the did with vaz te and nicky hunt to a point.

Edited by HomerJay

passing was bad on Sunday too, and out of position - I passed comment that it was a good job it wasn't Hunt.

• Moderators
and the fans should not be attempted to destroy his confidence as the did with vaz te and nicky hunt to a point.

was it not injury that scuppered vaz te?

that and the fact he's lazy?

don't recall him ever getting booed

berated maybe, for being lazy, but he started it

was it not injury that scuppered vaz te?

that and the fact he's lazy?

don't recall him ever getting booed

berated maybe, for being lazy, but he started it

when he had that good run a couple of years ago he seemed really fired up and actually wanted the ball and ran etc

then we signed anelka and the rest is history

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.