Bolton On Big Match Revisited

snowball

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

around this time you rarely got to see our goals

if you were clued uip, you'd stick bbc2 on about 7ish and there was a news round up

it showed the goals from a divison 1 game played in london that day

it would be a game that wasn't on motd and youd never get another chance to see the goals

two such games were our 4-3 defeat at chelsea and game from qpr which ended 3-1

cant remember who to

anyway, point is, i missed the news that week, but there was another worthington goal which i've heard described as almost the equal of the ipswich one

was anybody there?

bolty, la, leigh white?

if you were clued uip, you'd stick bbc2 on about 7ish and there was a news round up

it would be a game that wasn't on motd and youd never get another chance to see the goals

cant remember who to

anyway, point is, i missed the news that week, but there was another worthington goal which i've heard described as almost the equal of the ipswich one

was anybody there?

bolty, la, leigh white?

I have a cousin who is a red who went to the QPR game as he was working in London, he said it was a fantastic goal from memory he said it was a shot from just inside the half way line, shame there is no footage.

cant remember who to

was anybody there?

bolty, la, leigh white?

Yes i was at Loftus rd that day, and it was indeed a goal what had us talking about it all way up the M1. Even Worthy talked about it being one of his favorite goals.

Guest Blixa

Good to see our kid bouncing up and down in the paddock like an arse when Frankie scored. I was in the Lever End, with a BWFC teddy if I recall (some woman in Great Lever used to make them, complete with Umbro diamonds, player number and boots)

Just watched the programme. My initial thoughts are that it was a different game then to what it is now. The players were not crowding round on top of each other. There was no negative play and there were more shots and goal mouth incidents in that one match than you get in a whole season nowadays. And just for Satan, Taddy made his debut coming on as a sub for the last quarter of an hour and nearly scored with his first touch. What about Alan Brazil's hair. I bet he wishes he had only half that amount now.

Franky Worthy

Peter Thompson

The ball boy behind the goals wasn't Jules Darby

The Ref clapped the goal

I was there

I now feel old

That Scottish bloke scored twice

A Poster off here was in fact a ball boy behind the said goal that day too

• Site Supporter

noticed on the interview with Frankie after the game, that he reckoned he'd scored a couple of other goals just as good that season.

i went to most games that year and can't remember owt approaching that effort.

had to chuckle at the interviews with fans pre match, talking about the Tad Pole. you'd have thought we'd signed Cruyff listening to that lot.

having said that,we played pretty well that day against one of the best sides in Europe at the time.

it's half time - can't believe how much space there is

also - Lever end resembles the South Stand with all the empty seats - so much for Burnden was always full!

and that wankstain Welsby - cock.

second half just started!

it's half time - can't believe how much space there is

also - Lever end resembles the South Stand with all the empty seats - so much for Burnden was always full!

and that wankstain Welsby - cock.

second half just started!

These where the away supporters seats.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.