Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Sacked!

Gaz Nt

Five games to go. Keep us up. Megson has the record.

Bad mistake, who would take it with our fans?

We haven't got anyone lined up with a track record.

I fear for the worst and we probably deserve it.

we should be limited to boo boys deserving it and giving it to the rest of us

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loss of earnings is down to the employer relieving him of his duties so I doubt there'd be a clause stopping him from working, that usually only kicks in with redundancy or mutual consent. Though, I know that as much as you know it will be to be honest.

[/quote

We are all guessing a bit here, but I understand that a sacked manager would get paid what would have been their salary until they get new employment, at which point it stops (they may also have been paid a lump-sum golden payoff as well). If Hughes in on stupid pounds per week, more than we could pay him, financially it would make no sense to take the job. However, he is an ambitious bloke, so maybe that would be the motivation he needs.

Or he could fuck off to Spain or whatever.

We are all guessing a bit here, but I understand that a sacked manager would get paid what would have been their salary until they get new employment, at which point it stops (they may also have been paid a lump-sum golden payoff as well). If Hughes in on stupid pounds per week, more than we could pay him, financially it would make no sense to take the job. However, he is an ambitious bloke, so maybe that would be the motivation he needs.

Or he could fuck off to Spain or whatever.

Not always, it does depend on the compromise agreement & yes, I'm speculating as much as the next man/woman but you'd think Hughes' agent has earnt his money & got him a deal where he doesn't sit on his arse for the money as we've seen a fair few managers struggle to get back on the horse, so to speak,after a long sabatical.

& as I said previously, you never know, money might not be the biggest motivating factor.

FWIW, I don't think it'll happen but it'd be nice just for a few days to think we could get a manager with a half decent pedigree at least.

Not always, it does depend on the compromise agreement & yes, I'm speculating as much as the next man/woman but you'd think Hughes' agent has earnt his money & got him a deal where he doesn't sit on his arse for the money as we've seen a fair few managers struggle to get back on the horse, so to speak,after a long sabatical.

& as I said previously, you never know, money might not be the biggest motivating factor.

FWIW, I don't think it'll happen but it'd be nice just for a few days to think we could get a manager with a half decent pedigree at least.

FWIW I agree with all of the above. He won't come for the money, but he doesn't need it. He might come for the challenge / profile etc.

But, as you say, probably not..

Hughes is perfect for Bolton, Bolton atm is perfect for Hughes.

After getting sacked by City, he isn't gonna get to manage a big club yet, he can get us safe with the players we have, he has January TW to sort out some new faces.

If we get a manager who is really positive, what does this mean for the likes of K.Davies? He's captain so won't be dropped, but if a new manager doesn't do a Gary and try and copy BSA[not saying it's wrong] then if we try to play a more easier on the eye game, i think players like Davies will struggle. We play to his strenghts but he's not good when ball at feet.

Not just Davies like it's just a thought, change is happening.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

• Site Supporter
A balanced review at last, how did Megson have so many friends in the media given the stick the fans are getting from most Journo's...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8435574.stm

Good quality bit of journo that for a change, ok so he won't know the full ins and outs of the goings on in Bolton but he has given a fair account I think...

There was a rumour Jewell was at the match last night, though I can't remember seeing him, anyhow, he's ruled himself out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-IN-Reebok.html

Early yesterday afternoon there was a flurry of bets on Paul Jewell taking the job after the former Wigan and Derby manager was spotted by TV cameras at the Reebok on Tuesday night.

However, it emerged last night that Jewell was at the game as a guest of Megson and he was quick to rule out the possibility of replacing his friend.

Jewell said: ?I find it embarrassing as I was at the Hull game with my son as a guest of Gary. There was no ulterior motive.

'I just thought it would be an interesting game to watch. I am not one of those managers who sits in the stands to be seen or to put any kind of pressure on other managers.?

Edited by no balls

Why have they suspended the betting? Who are they saying has got it? Jewell?

it doesnt mean that they are definatly about to offer if they have stopped taking bets, if a certain ammount of money is placed on line at night then they will suspend betting until they can analyse the market. be up and running again early tommorrow.

The real problem is still Gartside. Megson was his man, who he made THREE attempts to get from Leicester. I really hope he doesn't drop the ball on his next appointment but I fear the worst

1st post and bang on the money.

Welcome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.