Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Sacked!

Gaz Nt

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter

John McGinlay - legend! Striker, goalie, hero!

Btw, I am not suggesting him for manager - just maybe an assistant or something. Someone for the fans to get excited about. Someone who we'd see as a living hero at every game instead of just Wolves at home when he gets asked to do the golden gamble draw!

No airs and graces: no arsey prima donna attitudes; just a regular bloke who knew he was lucky to have the job he loved.

that's because McGinlay came into the professional game late in life and therefore appreciated it more than the others.

Said in paper today that he was sacked cos he didn't reach target of 20 points so I deduce from that if we had beaten Hull he would still be BWFC manager.

So the fan's apathy towards him had nothing to do with the decision.Doesn't matter he is gone.Let's hope everyone gets there positive hat from this point on and get's behind the team/players/new manager.

Said in paper today that he was sacked cos he didn't reach target of 20 points so I deduce from that if we had beaten Hull he would still be BWFC manager.

So the fan's apathy towards him had nothing to do with the decision.Doesn't matter he is gone.Let's hope everyone gets there positive hat from this point on and get's behind the team/players/new manager.

Id of thought 25 minimum :pardon:

They would have said that, no matter what; they would never let the fans think they had any sway (rightly so)

Edited by boltondiver

that's because McGinlay came into the professional game late in life and therefore appreciated it more than the others.

A mate of mine has been helping McGinlay write his autobiography (still not finished). Supa John did say that he thought Coyle would be back at the Wanderers as manager one day - and that he'd be there with him, in some capacity. Although this was before Coyle got promoted with Burnley, so things have changed.

What about Co Adriaanse? Weren't we linked with him when Megson was appointed? He's out of work, too...

And, even better, from his Wikipedia page:

"Adriaanse is famous for his controversial training approach. At Willem II, he once ordered his whole squad to follow him by car, while they drove 13 km away from their training ground. At a remote spot, all players had to give their car keys to Adriaanse. Then he drove back to town, while the squad had to run in front of his car. Back at the training ground, the players got their car keys back. However, since their cars where still parked far from the training ground, they all had to walk back another 13 km.[2] At AZ Alkmaar he once ordered the whole squad to search for Easter eggs during a training session. They looked for an hour until Co Adriaanse finally revealed there were no eggs hidden.[3] Adriaanse already had these strange training methods at the start of his career, because when he was a youth trainer at Ajax, he sometimes ordered his players to lay on the ground. Then a teammate (with football boots on) would run over the bodies.[4] Because of all these infamous incidents, Adriaanse is sometimes nicknamed "Psycho Co"."

Fantastic. Show the bunch of overpaid primadonnas who's boss. He could even get them running up Winter Hill with rucksacks full of rocks on their backs.

He's going working for Stoke anyway, so he'll not be signing on so fair enough. I'd use the old boy's network n'all if I was him.

Isn't Peter Reid currently working at Stoke. Sounds like a swap here to me.

• Site Supporter
Another reporter with some sense, it appears there's more out there than we thought!

Excellent.

For years commentators and pundits alike have generally slagged us off for our style etc. When fans finally express similar dissatisfaction- it's all their fault when the axe falls!

Graham Taylor going mad on radio- little Bolton, no right to expect better, over achieved under Allardyce etc...

If, as pundits say, no club is too big to go down, then no club is too little to achieve success- as Fulham are doing now. They are not overachieving- they are there on merit; as are we- and that's why it had to change

Excellent.

For years commentators and pundits alike have generally slagged us off for our style etc. When fans finally express similar dissatisfaction- it's all their fault when the axe falls!

Graham Taylor going mad on radio- little Bolton, no right to expect better, over achieved under Allardyce etc...

If, as pundits say, no club is too big to go down, then no club is too little to achieve success- as Fulham are doing now. They are not overachieving- they are there on merit; as are we- and that's why it had to change

In our last 6 games we have been in the lead in 5 of those games (the exception being wolves)

We have won 1 of the those games (west ham)

Against Hull we were 2 up, against City we were in the lead 3 times.

After the crowd reaction v Hull megson used the west ham example to show changes he makes during a game work.

Add in his refusal to engage with the fans and I think there a lot of people including fans of other clubs who understand why he had to go.

However this does not mean the attitude of some of our supporters has not been embarassing

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.