Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Improving The Atmosphere @ The Reebok - Reviving "amarillo"

There is a lot of talk on this website about the need to all get behind Owen Coyle , for the Megson Stayaways to return and for the Atmosphere at the Reebok to be revitalised. etc etc

I would have thought that one quick fix to revive the atmosphere at the Reebok is for us to revive / formally adopt as " our " song "Is This the Way to Amarillo" as the song that is played as the team takes to the pitch and that is played as it used to be as our " Goal Song".

I accept that the original lyrics introduced circa 2005 need updating -

Sha la la la la la la la Diouf Diouf,

El Hadji Diouf will spit on you.

But surely we can between us come up with new lyrics every once in a while when a player is moved on ?

What about something like

Sha la la la la la la la Lee Chung,

Lee Chung -Yong will eat your dog

.... any thoughts (1) about reviving Amarillo and (2) New lyrics ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm.. will eat your dog?? bordering on racism there ??

But they do eat dog's, I suppose at least they got the country right & didn't mention he was Chinese like most m?ngs think he is.

I'm not sure if you're the same as me but dogs should be loved, not scoffed. :D

A "Goal Song" is the single most embaressing thing at a football match. Closely followed by fat men running along the pitch with massive flags, and cheerleaders (although they could stay if they found some fit ones).

Well done to BWFC for getting rid and don't bring either back :nea:

There is a lot of talk on this website about the need to all get behind Owen Coyle , for the Megson Stayaways to return and for the Atmosphere at the Reebok to be revitalised. etc etc

I would have thought that one quick fix to revive the atmosphere at the Reebok is for us to revive / formally adopt as " our " song "Is This the Way to Amarillo" as the song that is played as the team takes to the pitch and that is played as it used to be as our " Goal Song".

I accept that the original lyrics introduced circa 2005 need updating -

El Hadji Diouf will spit on you.

But surely we can between us come up with new lyrics every once in a while when a player is moved on ?

What about something like

Lee Chung -Yong will eat your dog

.... any thoughts (1) about reviving Amarillo and (2) New lyrics ?

Brilliant! You bring the piano and we'll sing it - job done!

Heated seats each with a fridge underneath, fans can be warm so can be more in the mood to make atmosphere and maybe with a few beverages to store so more people stay in there seats and not wonder off.

Naked good looking cheerleaders

Roof seats [will create noise when people celebrate, like thunder]

Uplifting music like im a survivor from Destinys child for example, my sister played it a while back and it made me score an hat trick on FIFA.

The announcer goes Johan ! fans go SHIT :pardon: Elmander sorry,this for all players

Fireworks coming of the roof when we score, gives people not at the game an incentive to come to the next game.

Have a 'stand of' at intervals like half time or when a player gets injured for 5 minutes, each stand has a period of time to make the loudest noise, ehich ever stand makes the most wins a free rollover each, then the whole stadium try's to make the loudest noise possible and if they beat the world record stadium noise at Bolton , prizes, bonuses, money, tickets etc can be won.

Have more lofty the lions around the ground, it makes you happy, like when your at a theme park, maybe get new characters, kids will like this, more will come, looking after future :good:

Half time entertainment like comedians, bungee rides of the roof, famous singers etc

Have our own eagle, that flys from Burnden park to the Reebok each matchday with a lucky winners ticket , this person/family wins a match of luxury platinum style , this will make people come to the Reebob equalling more noise maybe.

Just a few ideas, i have many more.

Heated seats each with a fridge underneath, fans can be warm so can be more in the mood to make atmosphere and maybe with a few beverages to store so more people stay in there seats and not wonder off.

Uplifting music like im a survivor from Destinys child for example, my sister played it a while back and it made me score an hat trick on FIFA.

The announcer goes Johan ! fans go SHIT :pardon: Elmander sorry,this for all players

Fireworks coming of the roof when we score, gives people not at the game an incentive to come to the next game.

Have a 'stand of' at intervals like half time or when a player gets injured for 5 minutes, each stand has a period of time to make the loudest noise, ehich ever stand makes the most wins a free rollover each, then the whole stadium try's to make the loudest noise possible and if they beat the world record stadium noise at Bolton , prizes, bonuses, money, tickets etc can be won.

Have more lofty the lions around the ground, it makes you happy, like when your at a theme park, maybe get new characters, kids will like this, more will come, looking after future :good:

Half time entertainment like comedians, bungee rides of the roof, famous singers etc

Have our own eagle, that flys from Burnden park to the Reebok each matchday with a lucky winners ticket , this person/family wins a match of luxury platinum style , this will make people come to the Reebob equalling more noise maybe.

now why didnt i think of these - absolute genius .

You started off so well, then after the first 2 ideas it just got silly.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

I've just scored the best goal ever on FIFA, so why that loads on to EAsports, i would just like to mention a few more.

These are genuine.

. On the screen or by the announcer every so often have messages like ESL scream! or Mexican WAVE!

. Have a light beaming into the night from the stadium like batmans but with the Bolton badge.

. They should hire staff to go around Bolton town in vehicles, with someone shouting through a speaker come on you whites or playing Bolton chants, this could get the town buzzing.

. Have a shaking seat section, everytime Bolton score the seats move and shake, this will be fun and create excitement. Probly not that clever because of health and safety though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.