Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Goals On Sunday

Scrappy Doo

Megson was on and said:

1. Was told Anelka was going in January when he took the job on Day 1

2. Elmander "isnt an out and out goalscorer", why pay ?8million for him?

3. Never met the supporters as he didnt need to hear the obvious dislike we had for him, said it was like "a cat going to the local dogs home".........

4. We were below Derby when he first came.

5. Didnt regret Lisbon decision

Megson was on and said:

1. Was told Anelka was going in January when he took the job on Day 1

2. Elmander "isnt an out and out goalscorer", why pay ?8million for him?

3. Never met the supporters as he didnt need to hear the obvious dislike we had for him, said it was like "a cat going to the local dogs home".........

4. We were below Derby when he first came.

5. Didnt regret Lisbon decision

I turn it off after 5 minutes because he still makes my skin crawl and i couldn't be arsed listening to him

him, evans, cork and wigley are all on gardening leave, and he's not happy

klasnic doesn't 'put a shift in'

he didn't piss me off as much as i was anticipating, although saying he left us averaging a point a game vs. 0.5 points per game when he took over was clutching at straws

fair play to sky they asked a few decent questions, not the usual arse-licking there is on there

• Moderators

When Real Madrid come in for him and his band of incompetents, I'm sure they'll find a way round the gardening leave issue.

Myself, I didn't actually dislike him, although he's clearly a cunt of the highest order.

• Site Supporter

him, evans, cork and wigley are all on gardening leave, and he's not happy

klasnic doesn't 'put a shift in'

he didn't piss me off as much as i was anticipating, although saying he left us averaging a point a game vs. 0.5 points per game when he took over was clutching at straws

fair play to sky they asked a few decent questions, not the usual arse-licking there is on there

i did agree with the klasnic thing, up until last week, where he worked his bollocks off.

after being dropped for midweek game coindidently.

• Site Supporter

Reasonable points but the Anelka one is a howler. He knew full well our best player was going (we all thought it TBH) but he didn't line up any form of replacement! Other than that he came across ok, I actually didn't dislike the guy in some ways but I am glad he is no longer here at the same time.

• Site Supporter

so he knew anelka was going from day 1 and still there was no replacment lined up

what a good manager we have lost...... NOT

how do you replace such a player, considering we sold him under value because he wanted to leave?

an impossible job to do, though i do agree somebody should have come in. not sure how good they would have been. or how much eddie would have let him spend then.

Edited by HomerJay

so he knew anelka was going from day 1 and still there was no replacment lined up

what a good manager we have lost...... NOT

He tried for Bafetimbi Gomis and Elmander, but they wanted 15 and 22 million.

Should he have signed Lita for 6million like a lot on here said?

Didn't have much clowt as a manager if he didn't argue the toss to keep Anelka.

"sign this contract oh and btw the main goal scorer will be sold" "oh okay"

He didn't say he didn't argue the toss, we have no idea either way on that one. It's what happens with club's like ours when Chelsea come knocking. Maybe he was just being realistic & respected the club had already made that decision.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.