Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cahill Appeal

HomerJay

I can't help feel this is pointless and will end with a 4 match ban rather than the current 3.

Maybe we should use the video of Torres running his studs down the back off the defenders leg from yesterday (not even a yellow card) and ask what the difference is ?

But I agree a waste of time there is only one outcome, a top 4 team stands a chance anyone else no way, Owen will have to learn the hard way

It wasn't a red, this is football, protect the footballers not the refs ego.

I think one of the problems is footballers are protected far too much.

I don't see where Owen's coming from as it could've been a yellow. They'll only overturn it if nothing happened or they got the wrong person thee days.

It'll be 4, mark my words.

It wasn't a red, this is football, protect the footballers not the refs ego.

That's the problem. The authorities feel they can't be seen undermining their referees. Ridiculous.

From BBC website. : "Gunners boss Arsene Wenger stated it was not a red card but "more a dark orange or a light red"."

And no matter the rights or wrongs it will be upheld and he'll get 4, we are Bolton afterall, some little club in the North West.

Guest Frandsen08

i'll be surprised if its overturned.

its a daft tackle kind of jumps in and its from behind, not a red IMO but u know what the FA are like.

I think one of the problems is footballers are protected far too much.

I don't see where Owen's coming from as it could've been a yellow. They'll only overturn it if nothing happened or they got the wrong person thee days.

It'll be 4, mark my words.

It will be 4, because we are a small club.

I hate the Prem.

You appeal, they turn it down, I would say that come under frivolous

You appeal, they turn it down, Doesn't make it frivolous. This rule was brought in to stop/discourage 'tactical appeals' ie. the player can still play until the appeal is heard. Because of this, they play in a big match, then miss playing Bury away in the league cup.

Anybody has the right to have the sending off reviewed. They can still dcide that it was worthy of a Red/ understand where the Ref was coming from, without deciding it was a frivolous appeal.

I thought what happens is the club appeals the desicion, the ref looks at the incident and says given the advantage of seeing the incident again if he thinks it was the right desicion.

The problem comes if the ref admits to a mistake he runs the risk of being demoted so the sytem is flawed.

What will annoy me most is for the rest of the season I will have idiots sat by me in the ground who will say everytime a centre half makes a challenge on a bolton player 'cahill was sent off for less than that.'

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.