Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 2 Stoke 1

Gaz Nt

Firstly I think I underestimated Stoke, they actually played alright, especially in the 1st half. I thought Stoke should have had a pen with Knight's handball.

Onto the positives, Lee and Holden were great, what a finish from the Korean Messi! he also played a few cracking through balls also found Elmander with a header. Cahill and Knight were a rock, dealt with almost everything like the Delap throws. I was happy with Robinson, he gave away a couple of silly freekicks but I thought he tackled well and actually got forward. Steinsson for me went missing for their goal. Muamba did well also, thought his effort was in but just wide.

As for Klasnic, it was a case of the good, the bad and the lucky, great goal from him, he'll always score from there with his left, before that though how did Davies not score?!?! anyway Klasnic should have been straight red carded, you can't put your hands on someone like that, thought his second yellow was harsh, and I had a bad feeling that Eidur would score the freekick.

I actually thought K.Davies had a poor game, but wasn't given anything from the ref, I'm sure the ref/linesman gave everything to Stoke[Faye] when it involved Davies, I thought he gave the ball away many times and didn't really have much effect, still can't believe how he missed from Sorenson's mistake, I don't think Elmander deserved to be subbed, he came very close to scoring and played well, but the sub paid off and Klasnic got 3 points.

Martin Petrov was hit and miss again, unleashed a rocket from 30 yards, and whipped in a few quality crosses, but what was he doing trying a fancy flick in that position, great if it comes off, but that mistake led to their corner and he must take the blame, even though the defending was poor from the corner

Vital win, Wigan's confidence might be dented after dropping a 2-0 lead to Newcastle, if we win there, we have a great points total to build on.

As for the fans at the end, well what can you say.

Great game, and good to see us defending well and creating chances also. Fair play to Stoke for their contribution also.

Guest wearestoke

you guys were lucky win that game and you know it but hey you win some/lose some i suppose. I thought cahill was excellent for you and elmander had a good game, k davies was pretty crap i thought, good goal by klasnic, a draw would have been fair

you guys were lucky win that game and you know it but hey you win some/lose some i suppose. I thought cahill was excellent for you and elmander had a good game, k davies was pretty crap i thought, good goal by klasnic, a draw would have been fair

great away support but someone has to get a grip of your nob head supporters who left a trail of trouble through Manchester CC and at the game today. That sort of behaviour left the British game 20 years ago but i suppose what do you expect from a bunch of inbreds

Guest wearestoke

great away support but someone has to get a grip of your nob head supporters who left a trail of trouble through Manchester CC and at the game today. That sort of behaviour left the British game 20 years ago but i suppose what do you expect from a bunch of inbreds

can't argue with you there really, some of our fans were excited cause we haven't played for 2 weeks

Wearestoke, I thought Pennant was poor for you, did well with freekick what hit the bar though, Etherington did look a threat, and I was impressed with his touch and the way he controlled the ball when it dropped to him, thought he faded poorly though. You would have scored a great team goal if it wasn't for poor finishing from Whitehead, was a good move and a good through ball from our once player Walters.

Think you'll be fine this season, but you need more variety upfront imo, you didn't look like you have that killer instinct, even though you played quite well.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Firstly I think I underestimated Stoke, they actually played alright, especially in the 1st half. I thought Stoke should have had a pen with Knight's handball.

Onto the positives, Lee and Holden were great, what a finish from the Korean Messi! he also played a few cracking through balls also found Elmander with a header. Cahill and Knight were a rock, dealt with almost everything like the Delap throws. I was happy with Robinson, he gave away a couple of silly freekicks but I thought he tackled well and actually got forward. Steinsson for me went missing for their goal. Muamba did well also, thought his effort was in but just wide.

As for Klasnic, it was a case of the good, the bad and the lucky, great goal from him, he'll always score from there with his left, before that though how did Davies not score?!?! anyway Klasnic should have been straight red carded, you can't put your hands on someone like that, thought his second yellow was harsh, and I had a bad feeling that Eidur would score the freekick.

I actually thought K.Davies had a poor game, but wasn't given anything from the ref, I'm sure the ref/linesman gave everything to Stoke[Faye] when it involved Davies, I thought he gave the ball away many times and didn't really have much effect, still can't believe how he missed from Sorenson's mistake, I don't think Elmander deserved to be subbed, he came very close to scoring and played well, but the sub paid off and Klasnic got 3 points.

Martin Petrov was hit and miss again, unleashed a rocket from 30 yards, and whipped in a few quality crosses, but what was he doing trying a fancy flick in that position, great if it comes off, but that mistake led to their corner and he must take the blame, even though the defending was poor from the corner

Vital win, Wigan's confidence might be dented after dropping a 2-0 lead to Newcastle, if we win there, we have a great points total to build on.

Great game, and good to see us defending well and creating chances also. Fair play to Stoke for their contribution also.

Lee MOM? Sorry Diddles but far from it, thought Elmander was good and the centre backs were excellent. 3 points means a good Saturday night every time though

Guest bwfcdan

from what i could make out from wsl, they fucked off big style and only returned when plod took charge

That's not what i saw to be honest. A few of them of moved but most of them stayed. The "Yoof" coming of age ::lol::

Edited by bwfcdan

• Site Supporter

Strange how a different viewing angle can alter your perspective of a player. It looked to me from WSL at the fence near South stand that every ball was played from the back through Robinson. He had a good game for me.

I do agree about Petrov's little flick back inside. He didn't actually look where it was going; just hit it and hoped a Bolton player was nearest to it.

Lee MOM? Sorry Diddles but far from it, thought Elmander was good and the centre backs were excellent. 3 points means a good Saturday night every time though

I think that the MOM was nominated by a certain P Walton

What a cunt

davies was shit today-no arguments. petrov wasnt much better. and as for ther fans, it was an old boys outing for em, bumped into em on train goin to game. cahill-m.o.m by a mile

i agree davies kept winning headers, whereas CYL scored a goal and then attempted to beat the madeline mccann hide and seek record.

clearl the ref recognised SKD is now an international so to even things up teams are allowed to foul him with no fear of prosecution.

stuart hall is also a total cock.

Lee was wank today.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.