Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bwsa

globaldiver

So what? I think you've got a possible riot and an excuse for the Orange men to wade in. So the scenario is someone who's got a cheapo ticket sits in a season ticket holders seat. The season ticket holder says, erm, I sit there mate. The cheapo says, so what fuck off - Mele?! Pile in!

Nar, Micky.

I buy my tickets on a game by game basis. Always for the ESL and no matter where I get plonked, always manage to watch the game with my mates who have season tickets in the corner under the scoreboard. Never once been asked by a steward for my ticket or directed to another part of the ground. Never been asked to sit down either. I find it's the best place to goad opposition fans and then run away.

It's quite obvious that the corners of both upper and lower tiers are the least popular. How about making them a lot cheaper then? OK, you might get folk going for the cheap option and trying to sit in a seat towards the middle but, to be honest, so what? He runs the risk of being in a seat and being asked to move back to his own seat.

I buy my tickets on a game by game basis. Always for the ESL and no matter where I get plonked, always manage to watch the game with my mates who have season tickets in the corner under the scoreboard. Never once been asked by a steward for my ticket or directed to another part of the ground. Never been asked to sit down either. I find it's the best place to goad opposition fans and then run away. :good:

It's quite obvious that the corners of both upper and lower tiers are the least popular. How about making them a lot cheaper then? OK, you might get folk going for the cheap option and trying to sit in a seat towards the middle but, to be honest, so what? He runs the risk of being in a seat and being asked to move back to his own seat.

I agree. A ticket in the east corner of the North Lower is a fair bit cheaper than the seat next to it, which doesn't seem particularly fair.

You have to draw the line somewhere, I know, but I think the idea of 'wing stand' pricing is a valid one that many other clubs adopt.

Oh, and GET RID OF THE FUCKING DRUMS.

Obviously.

Edited by enzo gambaro

• Site Supporter

do you know, i think thats a fukcin crackin idea.

obviously there are priced sections (stands) now, but sell the crap seats REALLY cheap.

although could be an odd sight, when no cunt buys the expensive tickets and everyone is sat in the corners.

• Site Supporter

So what? I think you've got a possible riot and an excuse for the Orange men to wade in. So the scenario is someone who's got a cheapo ticket sits in a season ticket holders seat. The season ticket holder says, erm, I sit there mate. The cheapo says, so what fuck off - Mele?! Pile in!

Nar, Micky.

But aren't there folk who'd like to see more riotous situations at football grounds? :pardon:

But aren't there folk who'd like to see more riotous situations at football grounds? :pardon:

The lad who sits next to me is a right pain in the arse...I could happily kick off with him. In fact if he plays up at the Liverpool game I'm not going to give him a lift home.

As I see it. The club want the fans to play a part in the running of the club (feedback, ideas, etc). At the minute that role is left to the BWSA who we all have preconceptions (probably true) of being old wimmin' with biscuit barrels, rugs and flasks. They aren't representative of the majority, so whatever they are suggesting to the club is not beneficial to the rest of us. That I can grasp.

So the idea of having a "voice" / organisation, call it what you will cannot be a bad thing if its represented by a wide section of the BW community. In that I mean single young blokes (or girls), older blokes, families (yes, let's listen to what our kids might want), OAPs, etc, etc, etc.

Are they going to put some kind of charter together? Have a proper supporters club bar (open in town perhaps?).

I guess we could all come up with "20 things we'd like to see introduced / changed at the Reebok" - and that 20 would differ - but surely there'd be some common ground that may just make the experience better.

Should the club contact the 5,000 (total guestimate) ex-season ticket holders and offer them 4 free tickets for certain games this season. And then promote packages (like the up & coming Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool deal for ?65) or half season tickets. Try and re-introduce them back to coming again?

The lad who sits next to me is a right pain in the arse...I could happily kick off with him. In fact if he plays up at the Liverpool game I'm not going to give him a lift home.

You could always threaten to send him to bed early.....?

• Site Supporter

Should the club contact the 5,000 (total guestimate) ex-season ticket holders and offer them 4 free tickets for certain games this season. And then promote packages (like the up & coming Newcastle, Spurs, Liverpool deal for ?65) or half season tickets. Try and re-introduce them back to coming again?

It'd work for some of them, I'm sure. I think one of the main problems is that, once you stop going, you soon find something else to occupy your Saturday afternoon (Or morning, or Sunday or Monday night!)

A wad of freebies would break the cycle of finding something else and could create a renewed interest.

I get in for a decent price.

Get a seat where i can watch the game.

can get served at the bars when i need to.

young lad can get served and buy crisps pops and sweets

me dad can get a coffee

i can can put a bet on, buy a programme, half time draw ticket, watch early game on the telly.

have a piss in reasonably clean toilets

No punch line, season ticket holder in east stand lower and nothing to moan about.

i did ring the ticket office on thursday last week and they answered after 2 rings, and my extra ticket for the stoke game plus wigan tickets truned up in the post on Friday.

i think a lot of people just do not want to go to match anymore, i am not sure ho wmuch time the lcub puts into getting players to visit local schools etc but 23 years ago we were in the bottom division getting 4000 gates maybe we have just lost a generation of supporters.

I get in for a decent price.

Get a seat where i can watch the game.

can get served at the bars when i need to.

young lad can get served and buy crisps pops and sweets

me dad can get a coffee

i can can put a bet on, buy a programme, half time draw ticket, watch early game on the telly.

have a piss in reasonably clean toilets

No punch line, season ticket holder in east stand lower and nothing to moan about.

i did ring the ticket office on thursday last week and they answered after 2 rings, and my extra ticket for the stoke game plus wigan tickets truned up in the post on Friday.

i think a lot of people just do not want to go to match anymore, i am not sure ho wmuch time the lcub puts into getting players to visit local schools etc but 23 years ago we were in the bottom division getting 4000 gates maybe we have just lost a generation of supporters.

Pretty much sums it up for me (although if you can do a can can bet you should be on the pitch at half time :rofl: ).

We have missed out on a generation of supporters by being shit for a long period of time. Stay in the prem doing ok and the young uns of today will be the us of tomorrow. Only there will be more of them.

Pretty much sums it up for me (although if you can do a can can bet you should be on the pitch at half time :rofl: ).

We have missed out on a generation of supporters by being shit for a long period of time. Stay in the prem doing ok and the young uns of today will be the us of tomorrow. Only there will be more of them.

can not believe you are taking the piss out of my stutter, are you coming to wigan, I only got tickets for us yorkies.

when do the free pie and chips start? I was thinking of charging for my celebrity endorsement but will do it for a free fish supper.

ANI - Always giving, never taking, sometimes sharing.

How much would Stoke City's venture into ESL last Saturday appeal to the young supporters?

One thing that attracted me most to Burnden in my early teens was the thought of seeing it go off down manny rd or in the paddock. (then running like fook)

can not believe you are taking the piss out of my stutter, are you coming to wigan, I only got tickets for us yorkies.

when do the free pie and chips start? I was thinking of charging for my celebrity endorsement but will do it for a free fish supper.

ANI - Always giving, never taking, sometimes sharing.

As yet undecided. Thwife's away on a band do but am working on it :good:

Finish work on 12th Nov, opening on 22nd =D>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.