Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Do Bolton Have Glory Hunter Fans?

Now we are doing well in the PL and F.A cup semi-finalists surely we MUST have nearly 20,000 glory hunter fans if we are to fill our Wembley allocation. Bearing in mind our average PL attendance at the Reebok is 22,194. Anyone dreading being outnumbered and outsung by the Stoke fans?

Now we are doing well in the PL and F.A cup semi-finalists surely we MUST have nearly 20,000 glory hunter fans if we are to fill our Wembley allocation. Bearing in mind our average PL attendance at the Reebok is 22,194. Anyone dreading being outnumbered and outsung by the Stoke fans?

We have no more glory hunter fans than any other club, we'll sell all our tickets I would have thought. We may end up being "outsung" but I'm not bothered about that, as I'm not 10 years old

We will be outsung, no doubt about that. I would imagine quite a lot of oldies who don't get to the game will be out for this one, along with an assortment of others who don't for whatever reason. As long as I get my ticket i'm not arsed. I'd rather them glory support Bolton than Munich or Chelsea or whatever!

Agree with CWP. We'll sell out our allocation no bother. And yes, we easily have 20,000+ fans who'll come out of the woodwork for a game like this. Which is why it's so disappointing not being able to fill the Reebok every week.

On the outsung point - I'm not 10 years old either, but that doesn't mean I'd like to hear us being drowned out by the opposition fans. Bit of a patronising remark if you ask me. That said - we probably will be as Stoke are a vociferous bunch!

I used to have this same opinion, i had a season ticket for 10 years but after i changed jobs i work most weekends now as a result its pointless having a season ticket, i go to ever game i can though, Does that make me a glory hunting fan ??

Its a great day for the Club and the town, its a good thing so many people want to make the effort to support us.

I used to have this same opinion, i had a season ticket for 10 years but after i changed jobs i work most weekends now as a result its pointless having a season ticket, i go to ever game i can though, Does that make me a glory hunting fan ??

Its a great day for the Club and the town, its a good thing so many people want to make the effort to support us.

Nail on the head. :good:

Yes

They are called "koreans"

Whatever we don't sell, they will snap up.

Do we also have "glory posters"?

Edited by boltondiver

• Moderators

so we've got 32,000 tickets and 13,000 S/Ts

not so sure we'll sell out miself if it's 1 per ST

like with the Carling Cup, we'd have far more chance if it were 2 per ST (and no chance of STs missing out this time)

I doubt you will sell out, and you have as many GH as other clubs.

The amount of "WE are off to Wembley", on facebook on Saturday, was unbeleivable, Girls I have known for years, never shown any indication of liking football, bever mind BWFC, now appear to be Bolton fans !!!

The gym I go to is normally awash with glory-hunting DMB shirt wearers (which as doubly galling-as it's built on hallowed ground). I noticed, on Sunday, that there were plenty more folk with BWFC merchandise on than usual.

you go to the Dave Whealan gym on Burnden?

its a bit rich to complain about DMBs going whilst funding that pie eating cunt.

I don't no about 'glory hunters' but we have more than our fair share of moaners. If you're not complaining about Daniel Sturridge throwing himself to the floor, or worrying about our 'lack of quality strikers', you're 'dreading being outnumbered and outsung by the Stoke fans'. Why do i get the feeling that you manage to find a cloud in every silver lining?

you go to the Dave Whealan gym on Burnden?

its a bit rich to complain about DMBs going whilst funding that pie eating cunt.

It's the nearest one to where I live, if you boycotted everything you don't agree with you'd be f*cked.

Anyway, I think Whelan may have split loyalties himself...

Wigan chief Dave Whelan: why I should have bought Manchester United in 1989.

My link

Here's a quote from the article:

Whelan had his vision for the red dome next to Old Trafford. 'I'd got plans to build a massive health and leisure club with a shop underneath and a big red dome on the top with lights coming out of it that signalled 'We are Man United'. 'I drew up those plans and Nike wanted to be the sponsors of it. Everybody would have been able to see it. It would have been fantastic as a landmark and changed United from what it is now to the Manchester United of the world.'

And what about the livery of said gym?

Edited by Youri McAnespie

I don't no about 'glory hunters' but we have more than our fair share of moaners. If you're not complaining about Daniel Sturridge throwing himself to the floor, or worrying about our 'lack of quality strikers', you're 'dreading being outnumbered and outsung by the Stoke fans'. Why do i get the feeling that you manage to find a cloud in every silver lining?

we have some people who spend their time moaning about others fans.

and some fans who are boring fuckers.

and some fans who posts on websites with the name of our old ground in their username.

i wonder how many people fall into all 3 camps?

We have no more glory hunter fans than any other club, we'll sell all our tickets I would have thought. We may end up being "outsung" but I'm not bothered about that, as I'm not 10 years old

We didn't sell out for the Villa semi at Wembley and I suspect we won't sell out for this one either.

This time though we should win. People will be hoping for a win against Stoke then a going to a better match in the final against some Mancs. If you can only afford one match, what do you do?

Like it or not finance will come into it.

we have some people who spend their time moaning about others fans.

and some fans who are boring fuckers.

and some fans who posts on websites with the name of our old ground in their username.

i wonder how many people fall into all 3 camps?

Don't forget those 'fans' who think we're a 'Mickey Mouse' club.

We had 4,500 fans at Brum. Has anyone heard anything louder at a football game? It sounded good when I was there. Even better on the TV clips that I've seen.

We're in the FA cup semi-final at Wembley. It raises our profile, and maybe, just maybe, a few bods get along to matches when they wouldn't have bothered otherwise.

There are no negatives. Enjoy it for fucks sake.

We didn't sell out for the Villa semi at Wembley and I suspect we won't sell out for this one either.

In fairness though, this came on the back of being at Wembley for what seemed like every other year.... Not an excuse but the novelty value wasnt there.

With it being a while, a number of fans wouldnt have been at all, and even fewer to the "New Wembley".

This time round it feels like Bristol City :D

• Members

In fairness though, this came on the back of being at Wembley for what seemed like every other year.... Not an excuse but the novelty value wasnt there.

With it being a while, a number of fans wouldnt have been at all, and even fewer to the "New Wembley".

This time round it feels like Bristol City :D

Let's hope for a different result though eh? Fook me, that was a disappointment.

[/quote

Same here. Had Season ticket for 10 years went home, away and europe and live down south. What with petrol prices now unbelievably high and a change of jobs it proves a very expensive day out. Now I am a member and go when I can. Glory hunter?? Hardly. Not much glory over the last 15 years. But what glory there is I will be there and proud.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.