Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

These Fucking Pikeys

Smiffs

• Site Supporter

I might be wrong, but don't the Irish hate them even more than us?

yep, they're hated when they show up around towns and villages across Ireland, way worse than here, for yeas it was the main type of "racial tension/ violence" partly due very few immigrants into Ireland, but, even in this day and age, you will find pubs across rural Ireland in particular, with signs on the doors saying "No travellers" and in some cases "no knackers" which is the equivalent derogatory term to pikey and a sign that used to make me laugh immaturely any time i saw it. and even if they smartened up and tried to get in, their accent would give them away, even in Ireland, as although it seems they have an Irish accent, it is very distinct how travellers talk and different from the general accents.

although, when they have the taveller fights between families to settle disputes, the guards usually let this go on un bothered :blink:

Good documentary that then. Its an easy one really. If they can clean-up their shite and dump rubbish at the tip like the rest of us (even commercial waste that is chargeable) - and stop mugging old grannies.... then they'd be welcome.

I'd leave them at Dale Farm. Don't know who actually own the land - have the council tried to sell them the land?

Good documentary that then. Its an easy one really. If they can clean-up their shite and dump rubbish at the tip like the rest of us (even commercial waste that is chargeable) - and stop mugging old grannies.... then they'd be welcome.

I'd leave them at Dale Farm. Don't know who actually own the land - have the council tried to sell them the land?

They bought the land before moving onto it, it was cheap as it had no planning permission and was greenbelt so wouldnt get any.

they built on it anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.