Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coyle Out?

Peter North

What a load of horse shit!

We lost at the Emirates like we have done every single time we hsve played there, we got gubbed by Munich like we do every other game against them, we got twatted at anfield like we do every year, we got beat by a goal against a city team that has cost half a billion!

We will get beat by Chelsea, its what we all knew in June when the fixtures came out. There are four halves of football I will look at so far, QPR 1st and 2nd and Norwich 1st and 2nd. So far I am happy with 3 out of 4 halves of football.7 easy

Come gsme 14 we will have had 7 games to build confidence and we will be looking for our fucking passports talking of europe!

What a load of horse shit!

We lost at the Emirates like we have done every single time we hsve played there, we got gubbed by Munich like we do every other game against them, we got twatted at anfield like we do every year, we got beat by a goal against a city team that has cost half a billion!

We will get beat by Chelsea, its what we all knew in June when the fixtures came out. There are four halves of football I will look at so far, QPR 1st and 2nd and Norwich 1st and 2nd. So far I am happy with 3 out of 4 halves of football.7 easy

Come gsme 14 we will have had 7 games to build confidence and we will be looking for our fucking passports talking of europe!

well fucking said my friend..... :good:

so its alright to accept defeat before we play teams then is it because we have been beaten by them before

what a crock of shit

not saying its acceptable,more justifiable.

like a few other have said before,lets start worrying after our first proper run of games.

this run of fixtures has been probably the worst run of fixtures ive seen,but its one game from over now,and then we can start questioning things.

no way should we roll over and die for the big teams,but long gone are the days of going gung ho and hoping to cause an upset no matter what the consequence.

I`m not for sacking Coyle but it is becoming a poor excuse for losing by mentioning the opening fixtures.

Not too long ago teams like Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Manure all endured a hard game when they came up against a Bolton team. Stoke are picking up points from teams we are getting hammered against.

Coyle needs to earn his corn and quickly.

There's more to football than just sticking eleven players on the pitch.

Ok, that's what most of us do if we are playing for the local pub team but at a professional level the manager as to have a plan (a strategy) of how he wants his team to play - and what players are best suited to that plan - and be able to adapt that plan on the day if things aren't quite going the way he expected them to (tactics).

I didn't see today?s game but going from the team selected it looked to me that Coyle went for a 4-5-1 formation, with Ngog's pace up front as the key to our attacking plans and two defensive midfielders in NRC and Muamba to play two across the front of our defence.

I would be curious to know what actions Coyle took when Ngog was replaced by Davies - did he tweak the ream or not?

What I mean is that a 4-5-1 system with Davies as a lone target man is clearly no as fluid and flexible as a 4-5-1 with Ngog attacking with pace - so brining Davies on and leaving the team set up based on Ngog's speed would clearly not work anything like as planned.

So did Coyle push a player up - say Pratley to play behind Davies as a withdrawn second striker role, to support Davies lack of speed and manoeuvrability up front - sort of like a 4-4-1-1 system or just leave the team as it was - and thus leave the team with one striker with no pace what so ever?

If he left the team as it was without changes to accommodate the different playing style (and speed!) of Davies - then it would have been a clear signal to Wenger that we were no longer looking to score from open play and thus allow him to push his players more forward and begin to pen us in our own half.

Keeping a 4-5-1 formation with only the speed of Davies up front would have been a tactical disaster and we would probably have been better off playing a 4-6-0 formation if that was the case.

If Mr Coyle and his backroom staff didn't make such basic tactical decisions to facilitate the Davies substitution within the teams 4-5-1 strategy plan, then I really do fear for the future of our club under their stewardship.

It was always going to be a difficult, if not impossible start to the season with these fixtures but there's been the odd glimmer (the City match?) of hope even against some of the world's best players. In my opinion, the season starts in earnest on 15th October. We've got enough quality to see it through with some hard work and I still think Coyle is the man to manage us through it. Keeping the faith we'll be top ten by New Year. COYWM.

Go and support Stoke then... Seriously.

We might stop hearing about how bad you think Coyle, Jussi and Robinson are then.

listen here numbnuts, it wasn't that long ago bolton fans thought stoke were shit and it was the best draw we could of hoped for in the semi final blah blah fuckin blah, look at the diferrence, bolton shit themselves where as a team like stoke go for it, coyle and his team have no fuckin bottle when it comes to the big occasion yet a poxy team like stoke get fired up for it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.