Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fat Club

barryk32

• Site Supporter

A good friend of mine passed away recently and has given me a kick up the arse to be a bit healthier.

I've started to watch what I eat and haven't had a beer for nearly 2 months.

However, as I was pouring my bowl of Fruit and Fibre this morning I glanced at the calorie content, a large bowl would have the same calories and a sausage barm.

Am I missing something? Whats the point?

A good friend of mine passed away recently and has given me a kick up the arse to be a bit healthier.

However, as I was pouring my bowl of Fruit and Fibre this morning I glanced at the calorie content, a large bowl would have the same calories and a sausage barm.

Skimmed milk? Depends on which cereals you eat, check all the sugar content - cereal bad for it. Boring as fook, but think Weetabix is good option and maybe put on a fresh banana or raisins.

Calorie counting DOES work though. Stay off the bread as well!!!

A lot of breakfast cereals are stuffed full of salt and sugar. There's more nutritional value in the actual box than the cereal. Have a look at the GDA label on the pack, it'll tell you how much of everything it contains:

http://www.gdalabel.org.uk/gda/home.aspx

Fruit is a good alternative to breakfast cereal because it's low in both calories and fat.

Guest Frandsen08

stick to fresh fruit, brown toast. if your going to have cereals go with shredded wheat and weetabix replace the cups of tea and coffee with plenty of water or herbal teas.

part of my degree was nutrition in sport but if your looking to eat healthier and need any help give me a shout i have plenty of books and tips on the stuff.

stick to fresh fruit, brown toast. if your going to have cereals go with shredded wheat and weetabix replace the cups of tea and coffee with plenty of water or herbal teas.

part of my degree was nutrition in sport but if your looking to eat healthier and need any help give me a shout i have plenty of books and tips on the stuff.

i think you owe it to yourself to make wways a healthier place.

19 stone diabetic in need of lose 4 stone by August....can you help :)

Guest Frandsen08

i think you owe it to yourself to make wways a healthier place.

19 stone diabetic in need of lose 4 stone by August....can you help :)

i'll always help anyone who requires the help its part of my job, all it takes is to take on the techniques and adapt them to your lifestyle with some hard work and PMA (cliche i know) and it can be done

ha ha you dont need to be fat to want a better feeling body, even if you feel crap all the time or are always ill then changing your diet will help

Edited by Frandsen08

A lot of breakfast cereals are stuffed full of salt and sugar. There's more nutritional value in the actual box than the cereal. Have a look at the GDA label on the pack, it'll tell you how much of everything it contains:

http://www.gdalabel.org.uk/gda/home.aspx

Fruit is a good alternative to breakfast cereal because it's low in both calories and fat.

The sugar in fruit is fructose, which can trigger the creation of fat if done to excess. I personally wouldnt have any more than one portion of fruit a day. The 5-a-day should have emphasis on vegetables not fruit.

Baz I'd do (low-fat) protein at every meal if you can.

Reduce your carbohydrates, which is easier said than done and if you have to have them, make them low GI. e.g. wholegrain, wholemeal, oats etc

i'll always help anyone who requires the help its part of my job, all it takes is to take on the techniques and adapt them to your lifestyle with some hard work and PMA (cliche i know) and it can be done

ha ha you dont need to be fat to want a better feeling body, even if you feel crap all the time or are always ill then changing your diet will help

in that case iamin! Sugar level is good and steady now it is time to see my cock!

Frandsens Fatties Member #1

• Members

My secretary moved from pear shaped to turning heads using Weight Watchers.

Borrowed the points book off her and allotted points to all the stuff we normally eat (including sweet stuff, drinking beer etc.). All about measuring portions. Guaranteed to work if you stay within the points system. Lost 3kgs in a week and 10kgs over 6 weeks and did not have to give up a single thing I like.

Weight goes up and down but easy now to knock a few kilos off whenever needed (like after Christmas).

Guest Frandsen08

in that case iamin! Sugar level is good and steady now it is time to see my cock!

Frandsens Fatties Member #1

:thumbsup:

if you want to do it, i need your BMI (so your height and weight.) your age, and a food plan, so what you eat on a day to day basis what your drink throughout the week and how much exercise you so (and this can include walking to the shop for a paper)

if you want to PM it me and i'll see what i can come up with.

Barry - I work as a Health Trainer for the NHS. We work with patients on a range of lifestyle issues, including diet, weight loss and exercise. There is one of us in most of the GP surgeries in Bolton now.

If you ask your GP, he or she should be able to point you in the right direction as you're entitled to self refer into the service. Patient motivation is usually the key, and you sound like you've plenty of it. I'm at Heaton Medical Centre or Spring House on Chorley Old Road if you belong to either of them.

In answer to your question, Although they might be similar in terms of calories, the way in which your body processes them is completely different. The fruit and fibre will release it's energy much more slowly, leave you feeling fuller for longer and has many more nutritional benefits (like fibre obviously) and vitamin content. Porridge or Whole oats with a handful of raisins is your best bet though. Breakfast of champions!

• Moderators

I wouldn't eat Fruit and Fibre if it was free (and it is here). A - it makes your nipsy twitch after a couple of hours, especially if combined with grapefruit juice B - B) I don't do dried fruit, the water has gone but the sugars remain. It may be better than a sausage barm that would seem to be carbs, saturated fat and a small amount of protein but for me, porridge with berries and honey. It's also cheaper than chips (or sausages).

Edited by Carlos

Barry - I work as a Health Trainer for the NHS. We work with patients on a range of lifestyle issues, including diet, weight loss and exercise. There is one of us in most of the GP surgeries in Bolton now.

If you ask your GP, he or she should be able to point you in the right direction as you're entitled to self refer into the service. Patient motivation is usually the key, and you sound like you've plenty of it. I'm at Heaton Medical Centre or Spring House on Chorley Old Road if you belong to either of them.

In answer to your question, Although they might be similar in terms of calories, the way in which your body processes them is completely different. The fruit and fibre will release it's energy much more slowly, leave you feeling fuller for longer and has many more nutritional benefits (like fibre obviously) and vitamin content. Porridge or Whole oats with a handful of raisins is your best bet though. Breakfast of champions!

And this is a man who thought two packets of wheat crunchies and a boost constituted a meal. It can be done.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.