Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bye Bye Wigan

miamiwhite

Villa wasn't an attractive enough job for Martinez last summer so what's changed?

And there's been nothing to suggest Whelan is going to downsize like Bolton and half the wage bill is there? It wouldn't surprise me if he takes advantage of Bolton's relegation and gets another of our better players at a bargain price.

The signs are that Dave Whelan is still prepared to fund a Premier League club but Eddie Davies isn't.

Guest Blixa

Perhaps because one is a Prem club and the other isn't - and that Whelan's fortune is a little big bigger.

Should be thanking Eddie Davies, not criticising him. Without his help, we'd be playing a team of 16 year olds next year.

Villa wasn't an attractive enough job for Martinez last summer so what's changed?

And there's been nothing to suggest Whelan is going to downsize like Bolton and half the wage bill is there? It wouldn't surprise me if he takes advantage of Bolton's relegation and gets another of our better players at a bargain price.

The signs are that Dave Whelan is still prepared to fund a Premier League club but Eddie Davies isn't.

Is that a joke? How much more has Martinez had to spend than Coyle?

Is that a joke? How much more has Martinez had to spend than Coyle?

Jordi Gomez Espanyol ?1,700,000

Jason Scotland Swansea ?2,000,000

James McCarthy Hamilton ?1,100,000

Mohamed Diame R. Vallecano ?3,360,000

Victor Moses C Palace ?2,500,000

Ronnie Stam FC Twente ?2,000,000

James McArthur Hamilton ?500,000

Franco DI Santo Chelsea ?2,000,000

Conor Sammon Kilmarnock ?600,000

Shaun Maloney Celtic ?1,000,000

Ali Al Habsi Bolton ?4,000,000

Over ?20 million of Martinez signings which I make about ?6 million more than Coyle has spent.

• Moderators

Jordi Gomez Espanyol ?1,700,000

Jason Scotland Swansea ?2,000,000

James McCarthy Hamilton ?1,100,000

Mohamed Diame R. Vallecano ?3,360,000

Victor Moses C Palace ?2,500,000

Ronnie Stam FC Twente ?2,000,000

James McArthur Hamilton ?500,000

Franco DI Santo Chelsea ?2,000,000

Conor Sammon Kilmarnock ?600,000

Shaun Maloney Celtic ?1,000,000

Ali Al Habsi Bolton ?4,000,000

Over ?20 million of Martinez signings which I make about ?6 million more than Coyle has spent.

in how many years?

• Site Supporter

This concerns me

I think Martinez has the makings of a top top manager and he could work wonders at self pity FC.

I'd sooner he went to a top Spanish club

The obvious bonus is that Wigan will be down by boxing day.

The short sightedness of opinion is fookin barmy. 2 months ago Martinez and Wigan were fit for fook at and considered fodder. Now after a miracle escape (not by much BTW) he is a football genius, style of play etc etc. My point is he is far from a shite manager but people should be judged on more than a plucky run in. I think Curbishley or Allardye would be better suited but wouldn't be chosen for the football arrogance and snobbery that exists around anfield and the denial that they haven't just been humping the ball for the past 6 seasons.

The short sightedness of opinion is fookin barmy. 2 months ago Martinez and Wigan were fit for fook at and considered fodder. Now after a miracle escape (not by much BTW) he is a football genius, style of play etc etc. My point is he is far from a shite manager but people should be judged on more than a plucky run in. I think Curbishley or Allardye would be better suited but wouldn't be chosen for the football arrogance and snobbery that exists around anfield and the denial that they haven't just been humping the ball for the past 6 seasons.

Exactly. Let's not forget they lost 8 on the trot earlier in the season. A few freak results does not mean you are suited to manage Liverpool.

• Site Supporter

Exactly. Let's not forget they lost 8 on the trot earlier in the season. A few freak results does not mean you are suited to manage Liverpool.

i hope whoever gets the job takes the fucking blameless bastards down.

I just think Martinez would do very very well.