Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Muamba To Carry The Olympic Torch

miamiwhite

• Members

It's a miracle he's alive. A thoroughly nice bloke too which is a rarity for top-flight footballers.

His recovery gives inspiration to a lot of folk.

Anyone who tries to put a dampener on anything he does is a cunt.

... IMO of course.

According to the Guardian

The lad will be doing the opening of an envelope next :thumbsup:

thoughts please folks,.....should he or not ?

discuss

Surely there can't be a negative to him carrying the torch can there ? Carrying the torch has been a proud moment in the lives of so many people up and down the country so why would it be any different for Fab and his family ? If there are any reasons he shouldn't do it then i certainly can't think of one.. Can you ?

Guest bwfcdan

Still don't understand why he got a bloody doctorate for what happened

Fair enough if hes running with it where he grew up. I should have read the actual article shouldn't I!

I agree with DBP...

Edited by bwfcdan

I walked out of White Hart Lane that day believing he was dead, clinically, technically, whatever, he was. His name and story is now known all over the world. I'll never tire of seeing his grinning face in the media. He never sought the attention, the fickle finger of fate forced it upon him. I'm sure he would rather have been playing in a pre season tour of Scotland than carrying a perforated cone of sheet metal down the street.

I walked out of White Hart Lane that day believing he was dead, clinically, technically, whatever, he was. His name and story is now known all over the world. I'll never tire of seeing his grinning face in the media. He never sought the attention, the fickle finger of fate forced it upon him. I'm sure he would rather have been playing in a pre season tour of Scotland than carrying a perforated cone of sheet metal down the street.

have a +10

beckham lit it

and our proud bolton boxer lit it in bolton

Why?

Because if he was not one of our own most on here would be saying how daft it is.

Personally I think it is good he is getting to carry it and he should celebrate being alive but I can see why people are getting a bit tired of it

feck people were saying how disappointed they were there was no one in the Euros to promte and represent the club and then fab gets his chance with the olympic flame

that and marvin gets a chance at Team GB and South Park

Surely there can't be a negative to him carrying the torch can there ? Carrying the torch has been a proud moment in the lives of so many people up and down the country so why would it be any different for Fab and his family ? If there are any reasons he shouldn't do it then i certainly can't think of one.. Can you ?

the only reason i can possibly think of is his health,surely he won't be running with the torch,just a pleasant stroll with it.

after what happened,carrying the torch will be a fitting end to it all.

There's some miserable fuckers in this world.

Sometimes, just sometimes, if there's nothing nice to say then shush.

See, that's why it's worth opening your posts NB. In between all the drivel about Mourinho, clout shaving and overpriced sportsware, there's the occasional succinct beacon of absolute truth :) :good:

Edited because I can't type "amon gst" apparently

Edited by SatanGreavsie