Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

10 hours ago, royal white said:

I know you didn’t, in my opinion TF would have played with MT and beat him comfortably 

Fury more of a fat dancer than a boxer IMO. When Mike Tyson hit people they stayed hit.... and he wouldn't be hanging around for a dance with Fury....

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, L/H White said:

fury still beats usyk comfortably 

9 hours ago, Sweep said:

I agree, hope he doesn't, but he'll just be too big

My thoughts prior to Saturday.

Not so sure now.

Been a massive Fury fan all through his career despite laughing at him in his early fights such as the one when he punched himself in the face. Comes across well in the Netflix series.

He's wearing thin now though and his dad is an absolute bell.

The Tommy Fury/KSI didn't help either.

But they will just turn around, quite rightly maybe, and say they have just capitalized on the money.

If the fight with Usyk goes ahead, I wouldn't mind if the 'tiny' Ukrainian does a number on him, although the Ngannou fight may have opened up Fury's eyes to train better for the fight.

• Site Supporter
On 29/10/2023 at 16:38, Underpants said:

I've lost all interest in the heavyweight scene. And that's mainly, but not solely, down to Fury. AJ turning out to be shitter than I thought. Chisora getting shots for the top belt when he didn't deserve it. Wilder fighting no-marks. Whyte disappearing off the face of the earth. Fury and Usyk avoiding each other at all costs. The Saudi influence. And the promoters seemingly unwilling to slag off the boxers and their camps for fucking about with demands and clauses.

Great post.

There’s absolutely no way I’d pay box office money to watch any of these fights anymore.

Turn the clock back to the 80s and those Lewis/Holyfield fights 10 years later I loved it.

For the everyday sports lover “top-level” heavyweight boxing has completely lost its appeal. 

It’s barely a step-up from wrestling.

Edited by desperado

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

I'll give you evens Fury pulls out of the Usyk fight too. 

that fight will never happen. if Fury does pull out, then he should be stripped of his belt. It's last December since he last fought. He's only had 3 fights in 2 years, pathetic.  (I'm not counting that exhibition the other week)

Over the past 12 months Fury and his camp have gone down in my estimations. And to an extent so has Usyk. That last circus event Fury had in Saudi was the cherry on the cake. Fury even made the press conference to announce this fight embarrassing. I've not payed for a ppv  since the Groves/Froch fight 10 years ago.  12 months ago I would have broken my self imposed embargo on ppv events and begrudgingly pay for this match up. Not now. 

Edited by Underpants

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, L/H White said:

just an ignorant cunt, the mask has slipped, that fake happy go lucky AJ has long gone, hopefully ends up sparked tomorrow 

That Dev spent years slagging him off apparently, so that's why he isn't that chipper around him lol

Actually prefer this AJ than the talking in riddles version

2 hours ago, deeane Koontz said:

That Dev spent years slagging him off apparently, so that's why he isn't that chipper around him lol

Actually prefer this AJ than the talking in riddles version

He's just turned into a really unlikeable man for me. I'm not sure he knows which version of himself he wants to be. Massive fight this for him tonight.....