Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Excuses For Calling In Sick

Kane57

Never feign an injury as an excuse to stay off work.

I pretended I'd cracked a rib once.  Had a couple of days off and then had to act like I was in pain every time I moved for the next month.

Curiously - once it started to 'get a little better' - I used to get people to feel my rib where it had 'broken'.  Every single one of them reckoned they could feel it.

Mind control! 

A Good mate of mine pretended he was ill to stay of school when he was about 10. Unknowingly he gave the exact symptoms of sever appendicitus, he near enough got to the operating table before he told them he was making it up and even then they still didnt believe him.

Lad here went home in tears when Fergie quit.

One of the bosses in my last job died unexpectedly, everyone found out when they came in the next morning.

Main boss kept the place open but said that anyone who was too cut up about him dying could leave - so I fucked off. I'd only been there three days

Another ex Missus once decided fake a whiplash injury after a car crash with an impact speed of <3mph.

She went to her GP who asked her to visit A&E to get checked out.  She was put in neck brace and made to lie on a bed for about 6 hours until a Consultant had a chance to look at her x-ray.

My favourite part came when a Doctor came in and told her he was going to stick his finger up her arse to make sure she had no internal injuries or paralysis. 

She did get a pay out but by 'eck she had to work for it!

Working in a call centre has had it's fair share.

Every one seems to have numerous underlying conditions.

There's at least 2 people off a day who "have been up all night throwing up".

If that has ever happened to anyone without it being booze related you are lying. FACT

• Members

Lazy bitch at work who's about 3 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy went home after dinner because she had a bit of a fucking sniffle. Lazy bitch couldn't get out of the building any quicker! She also refuses to do most things at work because of being knocked up but muggins here is expected to do it all. Bloody ray guns.