Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Space Dudes

superjohnmcginlay

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

As amazing as it is, that footage isn't from Perserverance. It was taken by Curiosity a year ago. Perseverance hasn't moved yet, so there is no reason there would be tyre tracks behind it. The audio isn't "real" either.

Although it makes it even more exciting to see what footage Perseverance sends back.

Lee Quarry, Bacup.

FACT

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Dimron said:

The Rover is going to drill samples for another Rover to collect... I would love to be the second Rover, could you imagine to be sent off to Mars to pick up some samples? Bloody brilliant.

Also why is it going to take weeks to get the drone working? The bloody sky is full of them on Boxing Day

It's charging.

There's plenty drone footage of uninteresting sections of the Nevada Desert already...

It's 'charging' aye reet, like they'd send it uncharged.

And the robot referring to itself in the third robot - American tosser.

Buying into this chicanery and pretending it's real, I can confidently predict what will be discovered - nowt.

This whole charade was cooked up to explain the massive US overspend building a massive armed cruise liner for all the elite yanks to take to sea on if/when the pandemic makes life on land untenable.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

There's plenty drone footage of uninteresting sections of the Nevada Desert already...

It's 'charging' aye reet, like they'd send it uncharged.

And the robot referring to itself in the third robot - American tosser.

Buying into this chicanery and pretending it's real, I can confidently predict what will be discovered - nowt.

This whole charade was cooked up to explain the massive US overspend building a massive armed cruise liner for all the elite yanks to take to sea on if/when the pandemic makes life on land untenable.

It’s the Atacama Desert you fool.

Too many beady eyes in the US and always the slimmest chance of rainfall.

Wont happen in the Atacama.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

And next thing 'no copa to piss in' Chile have a 'space programme'...

It's pathetic they (America) keep up this stupid pretence.

Now folk can buy a telescope for £30 off Amazon to observe the moon in detail, they're not going there anymore they're going 'to Mars' instead. Bollocks.

They're sending the first woman to the moon in 2024. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis_program

This 'woman on the moon' nonsense.

About thirteen years ago I posed this question to NASA - "Can you see astronauts on the moon with a telescope?"

and the answer was:

"Yes, for sure, the next time we walk on the moon we will be able to watch via telescope, like George Kennedy watching Clint Eastwood on the mountain in 'The Eiger Sanction', in fact by then you too will probably be able to watch also using a $40 telescope from Amazon..."

Yet today when Googling the same answer has mysteriously changed, now they're planning another fabricated farce with Nellie Armstrong and Fizz Aldred...

20210220-132343.jpg

I can't believe people buy into this Buck Rogers rubbish.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Look at this photo of that there London. 360 gigapixels...

Is it beyond possible to take a photo of the moon where we could look at the flag or the Lunar Rover and other detritus which the dozen or so folk who walked on the moon have dumped, the gypsy bastards.

The moon is 250,000 miles away...

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Look at this photo of that there London. 360 gigapixels...

Is it beyond possible to take a photo of the moon where we could look at the flag or the Lunar Rover and other detritus which the dozen or so folk who walked on the moon have dumped, the gypsy bastards.

Kinnell, that's some impressive clarity on that when you zoom in, can see right into some of the windows of flats/offices. If you had enough time and a will to find it like little whitt, maybe, I'm sure you'd find some poor fucker in some compromising situation or other 😁

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, MickyD said:

And?

..and looking at a high-resolution image of London, then wondering why we can't take similar images of specific locations on the moon, is a bit daft.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Cheese said:

..and looking at a high-resolution image of London, then wondering why we can't take similar images of specific locations on the moon, is a bit daft.

So a 360 gigapixel camera attached to a decent telescope wouldn’t do the job? I’m fairly sure someone fired a laser beam at the moon so they could measure the diameter of the dot on the moon. How did they do that without a decent image?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

So a 360 gigapixel camera attached to a decent telescope wouldn’t do the job? I’m fairly sure someone fired a laser beam at the moon so they could measure the diameter of the dot on the moon. How did they do that without a decent image?

The Earth and Moon are constantly moving. Zooming in on a specific location on the Moon from 250,000 miles away would be impossible even if we had cameras that were capable of that sort of magnification....

Anyway, Lunar Orbiters have taken images of the Apollo landing sites.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/revisited/index.html

Also, I don't know where you've read about someone "pointing a laser at the moon" and "measuring the diameter of the dot", but it's absolute bollocks.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

The Earth and Moon are constantly moving. Zooming in on a specific location on the Moon from 250,000 miles away would be impossible even if we had cameras that were capable of that sort of magnification....

Anyway, Lunar Orbiters have taken images of the Apollo landing sites.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/revisited/index.html

Also, I don't know where you've read about someone "pointing a laser at the moon" and "measuring the diameter of the dot", but it's absolute bollocks.

Yes, I may have made that bit up. 😂😂😂