Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Froch Vs Groves

Smiley

remember seeing Froch on fight night at the start of his career, hope he wins

can't fucking stand groves, he talked loads of shit before the first fight to goad Froch into being aggressive and walking onto a punch and it almost worked. This time he's saying Froch is a dirty fighter etc as he expects the ref to look after him after the 'injustice' of the first fight, 

he's also a smarmy cockney wanker

remember seeing Froch on fight night at the start of his career, hope he wins

can't fucking stand groves, he talked loads of shit before the first fight to goad Froch into being aggressive and walking onto a punch and it almost worked. This time he's saying Froch is a dirty fighter etc as he expects the ref to look after him after the 'injustice' of the first fight,

he's also a smarmy cockney wanker

He is a massive cunt

Ihope Carl hurts him badly

Just hope it's a good fight.

Always liked Froch but the way he behaved after the first first and in the early build up for this one made him look a complete tosser.

I like the fact he recognised he was being a cock and getting too involved and sought guidance from Steve Peters. He looked a lot calmer in the last ringside I watched.

If its down to raw talent Froch should win. If groves gets him embroiled in a haymaker contest and Froch takes his eye off the ball,Groves could do it.

It's going to be very interesting. Can't fookin wait.

Golden Eagle for 7pm.

In + 21 at Wembley. Won't be able to see fuck all but should be electric when they walk out.

Going to go with Froch in 4/5 rounds. Not overly confident though, i've consistently underestimated Groves since i saw him go life and death with Kenny Anderson at the MEN on the Haye-Audley undercard. Didn't think he would stop Paul Smith, thought Degale would handle him with ease and thought Froch would stop him early last time out.

Can't see Froch starting as badly and unless Froch was damaged by the last fight it doesn't seem Groves has the power to stop him before he gets stopped himself.

Edited by whiteboy

Looking forward to this on sat like whiteboy though will be able to see next to fuck all from our seats probably. Think it will be tense and both fighters will be a little bit cagey early on but fancy Froch to stop Groves late on.

I think Degale has got his hands full on the undercard with Brandon Gonzales, watched a few of his fights on the internet in the last week and he looks ok. Might be the best fight of the night that one.

• Site Supporter

Can't be doing with Froch at all, really hope Groves sparks him but can't see it.

If Groves does win, it will be a close points win but I'm expecting a similar outcome to last time - a Froch stoppage in the mid/late rounds

• Moderators

Hard to see Groves making the same mistake twice. He's a much better boxer, just needs to avoid getting caught in the sort of fight where the officials can buy in to the froch hype.

thats some fcuking brave claim

thats some fcuking brave claim

He's much, much better at hitting without getting hit. Not massively contentious. Carl's good at going all night and getting twatted without getting worse. Those are very important skills in a fight, but in the pure boxing skill side he's not as good as George.

• Moderators

He's much, much better at hitting without getting hit. Not massively contentious. Carl's good at going all night and getting twatted without getting worse. Those are very important skills in a fight, but in the pure boxing skill side he's not as good as George.

you sound like an arsenal fan!

the better boxer is the one who wins

I'm with you here 100%

Froch has taken some form of beating in every fight he's ever fought.

He's an all out fighter rather than a boxer IMO.

Sometimes the warrior prevails over the boxer.

More often than not the boxer out lives the warrior though.

Only so many bangs to the head a bloke can take.

• Moderators

I'm with you here 100%

Froch has taken some form of beating in every fight he's ever fought.

He's an all out fighter rather than a boxer IMO.

Sometimes the warrior prevails over the boxer.

More often than not the boxer out lives the warrior though.

Only so many bangs to the head a bloke can take.

bute never put a glove on him

lets judge groves when he has spent 5 years fighting the best

fwiw, i don't think he will achieve that

groves has had one fight against top class and ended it not knowing what day it was

imo of course

The problem is for Groves is that he is gonna have to knock him out to win imo and i just cant see him doing that.

Froch will have a spell at some point where he catches Groves a few times and that will probably be enough imo. Look at Groves last time he was on top for ages and Froch was on his way to twatting him in a few rounds before it was stopped (too early for sure).

Im with Traf though, they are both massive cunts and both make me want to smash the tv when they are talking.

• Site Supporter

I like Froch for what he's achieved and he's been involved in some of the best fights i've seen, namely the Kessler fights.

His brothers antics have put me off him a bit though.

As for Groves, I really wanted him to beat Degale, but thought he actually lost that fight. He's absolutely battered Froch in the mind games but there's something about him I don't like, but can't put my finger on it.

It's all about how Froch handles it mentally for me, hope he wins but not convinced he will.

I like Froch for what he's achieved and he's been involved in some of the best fights i've seen, namely the Kessler fights.

His brothers antics have put me off him a bit though.

As for Groves, I really wanted him to beat Degale, but thought he actually lost that fight. He's absolutely battered Froch in the mind games but there's something about him I don't like, but can't put my finger on it.

It's all about how Froch handles it mentally for me, hope he wins but not convinced he will.

Steve Peters will have sorted all that.