Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Teachers Nobbing Students.

barryk32

• Site Supporter

A teacher has resigned after forming a friendship with a student.

Now I'm all for locking Rolf Harris up but in this instance he was 24 and her 18.

It had everyones consent including her parents.

Is it me or is there nothing to see here?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2678856/Male-teacher-formed-relationship-pupil-18-Christian-school-resigns-police-open-investigation.html

• Site Supporter

She's 18 and he's in a position of trust, Doesn't deserve locking up, but shouldn't be allowed to work with teenagers again....

They are both fully grown adults, its not even 'creepy'.  If they were in a pub you wouldnt look twice

• Site Supporter

Its not a normal situation.

I doubt anyone is calling him a nonce as the lass is clearly oreet and he isn't but it's his job to teach and the rules are clear.

Also affects his professionalism.

We had ways of dealing with his ilk - razor blades in his soap, broken glass in his porridge, piss in his kettle...

In 'real life' it's different, although you'd have to wonder if the bloke in question is going to prefer them eighteen for the rest of his life.

Like Swanny says, it's a position of trust and you've breached that trust.

What if she was a particularly mature sixteen year old and him a particularly immature thirty four year old, and you came home from work to find him hid in in your daughter's divan (phnaar phnaar) - you'd kick him in the bollocks until they dropped off and then flush them down the toilet.

The twenty four year old should think on in future and not be treated as leniently should it occur again.

• Moderators

I don't blame him, she'd get it all night long

and during the day inbetween lessons

nowt wrong with it other than he breached his job's code of conduct, so he's resigned

he's no nonce but doubt he'll get another job in teaching anytime soon

Anyway, what's up with petty drug-dealing RS Cosworth owning twenty four year olds? That's who all the fit birds (who are now mostly 'less' fit - not bitter, honest :) ) used to date when I was at school, well, apart from some who were dating the teachers.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Happened to a teacher at my sixth form. They are now living with each other quite happily he's teaching.

Personally, the position of trust aside, I don't think he should be banned from teaching but certainly on a sort of review for a while.

She'll dump him whilst she's at Uni anyway.

• Site Supporter

Serious question. What's the criminal offence the police would have questioned him about? 

The only reason the police would investigate is if there is suspiscion that the relationship started before she was 18, which would have been an offence under the "Sexual Offenses Act 2003".

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/part/1/crossheading/abuse-of-position-of-trust

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter

Owd up

A grown man can legally bum a 16 year old school boy but a 24 year old bloke can't rattle an 18 year old girl?

Fuck off.

Yes he can. Even if he's her teacher. It would almost certainly breach the school/college policy though, so he'd lose his job, but it wouldn't be illegal.