Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Phill Brown

scallywell

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd honestly have Phil Brown in a heartbeat.

I'm not really sure why folk have anything against him.

He took a team to premiership and kept them there. Didnt go according to plan at Preston but there was loads going on behind the scenes there.

Good manager IMO. It's either him or David Flitcroft and the likes.

Any talk of big names like Mackay etc is completely insane.

I'd honestly have Phil Brown in a heartbeat.

I'm not really sure why folk have anything against him.

He took a team to premiership and kept them there. Didnt go according to plan at Preston but there was loads going on behind the scenes there.

Good manager IMO.

He didn't do too well at Derby but he had a decent spell as our caretaker manager.

He worked miracles at Hull. Kept them up in his first season when they looked doomed and then won promotion the next. They had some cracking results in that first season, beating Arsenal away for one.

I don't think signing Bullard did him any favours in his second season and that on field team talk at City was probably the beginning of the end but he did a decent job there overall.

PNE binned him far too quickly and he's doing a decent job at Southend.

Keith Hill. Jesus wept. I'd rather keep Dougie.

I'd give him a chance. We've gone down the route of fans favourite and it didn't work. I can't see any manager that was made a name for themselves wanting to come here.

Hill built a promotion team at rochdale, did the same at Barnsley but ultimately ended up getting the sack. He's gone back to rochdale built himself another promotion side and they're now sitting 5th in league one.

We need to be looking for another big Sam type appointment.

My mistake lads, thought he'd promoted Barnsley from league one I was miles away.

Either way he's worked wonders at rochdale, twice.

either way ask Barnsley if they made the right decision sacking him

when he got sacked 18 months ago Rochdale were League Two and Barnsley were Championship

in that time Barnsley have been relegated and Hill got Rochdale promoted

Rochdale are now 15 places above Barnsley in the league one

he has been a massive success wherever he has been, including barnsley

either way ask Barnsley if they made the right decision sacking him

when he got sacked 18 months ago Rochdale were League Two and Barnsley were Championship

in that time Barnsley have been relegated and Hill got Rochdale promoted

Rochdale are now 15 places above Barnsley in the league one

he has been a massive success wherever he has been, including barnsley

I'd be disappointed if we appointed Hill as manager at the moment he's no where near got a good enough record or experience at the required level in fact I think he could be a 1 club manager a bit similar to Coleman at Accy.

• Site Supporter

campo and hierro...

two former players (that's always worked well for us).. and also two people with no/little managerial experience (IIRC)..

what can possibly go wrong ?

need a lower league manager, used to working with tight budgets and developing players.. such as what we got when we hired Big Sam..

The more I read these alternatives, the more I want Dougie to stay.

Oh please Dougie get on a winning run and save us from lower league / failure / give him a chance hell!

Right now I feel like I'm reading a short list for summarisers for BTs non-league coverage.

Oh please Dougie get on a winning run and save us from lower league / failure / give him a chance hell!

Right now I feel like I'm reading a short list for summarisers for BTs non-league coverage.

I'd love him to turn it round but I can't believe anyone is still left that thinks he will ever make a half decent manager in fact he's the 2nd worse we've ever had.

• Moderators

wonder if beagrie fancies it