Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just seen our ladies won 10-0 against Preston.

Some going that, maybe time to time them a go at the unibol!

It wasn't Preston they beat but Sir Tom Finney foundation who are now basically no better than a pub side.  They where decent but loads of their better players have left because of how the club is run.

I'm amazed we only scored 10

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, batton carrier said:

It wasn't Preston they beat but Sir Tom Finney foundation who are now basically no better than a pub side.  They where decent but loads of their better players have left because of how the club is run.

Yeah I saw it was TF specifically, but that's close enough for me to call them Preston.

What was the problem with their running of the club?

3 hours ago, batton carrier said:

You can only beat what's put in front of you and they'd made it to a semi. 

• Members

At walking football last night we had a visiting leading light in 50+ football visit (from the University of British Columbia) and put us through various training routines.

A bluenose from Birmingham. He predicted that Villa would beat Leicester 2-1 and progress to the final where they would be absolutely humiliated by Manchester City. Reckons he can't wait for that but surprisingly, has a lot of time for Grealish. Just hopes that one of the big boys buy him when Villa get relegated.

• Members

This whole Woodward saga is just the latest reason why I despise Man United. 

20 years they dominated English football, the most decorated club, they reached levels of success 95% of clubs never will. They brought in  LVG and Mourinho who between them won a Europa League, League Cup and FA Cup. 
They have no financial worries, still arguably the biggest club in the world and at a time where the tide has changed and Citeh and Liverpool are the best teams in the land they still have the one of the biggest attendances in Europe. 

Chanting for Woodward to die, and turning up at his gaff and throwing flares is fuckin shambolic.

They don’t know how good they have it, they don’t deserve a club.

Edited by Rudy’s Message