Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

15 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The shut down is split: 8 teams and twelve teams staggered.

Very cleverly the EPL have arranged the fixtures so that they can be uniquely broadcast without clashing with another EPL game. No games at 3 today or next Saturday so not even a clash with most EFL games.

41 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

Very cleverly the EPL have arranged the fixtures so that they can be uniquely broadcast without clashing with another EPL game. No games at 3 today or next Saturday so not even a clash with most EFL games.

If they bin off the ban on televising Saturday 3 o'clock prem games I can see sky/bt/Amazon wanting all games shown.

Friday night

4 on Saturday at 12:30, 3, 5:30 and 7:45

4 on Sunday 12, 2, 4 and 6

Monday night

Guest Nordkurve
2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

If they bin off the ban on televising Saturday 3 o'clock prem games I can see sky/bt/Amazon wanting all games shown.

Friday night

4 on Saturday at 12:30, 3, 5:30 and 7:45

4 on Sunday 12, 2, 4 and 6

Monday night

I can't see the problem to be honest. Over here every Bundesliga 1, 2 and 3 are shown live. It doesn't impact the attendances.

Genuine question because I dont have a clue about German football fixtures, but do they play Friday, Sat, Sun, Mon routinely?  I know for a fact I wouldnt get a season ticket if that was the case for Bolton.  I can put up with a few fixture changes a season, but if there were only 4 or 5 Saturday afternoon home games I wouldnt be committing to a S/T, especially as you dont know which will be rearranged.  The club wouldn't need the gate money anyway thanks to the TV deals so it would be easy to justify not going every week.

9 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

They don’t even watch the game they just get absolute smashed in the stands.

True. I was talking about this in the pub earlier though, it's weird there's great amazing things about football in Germany but we do ourselves down to much here, a goal goes in away from home over here and Germany isn't coming close to how our lot celebrates.

• Members
25 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

True. I was talking about this in the pub earlier though, it's weird there's great amazing things about football in Germany but we do ourselves down to much here, a goal goes in away from home over here and Germany isn't coming close to how our lot celebrates.

I went to a Hamburg game last year. There must have been 100 of their fans with their backs to the game, just chanting and drinking. Barmy the lot of them.