Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I disagree.  Best player for us more often than not, scored some of the best goals by our players last 5 years.  Every time I've watched Forest this season he's been as big a threat as any of their players, and they've got some top midfielders, he carries the game to the opposition.  He was the only one making anything happen last night (I only watched 1st hour - and Millwall were superb BTW).  3 goals and 7 assists this season isn't bad from 30 starts, 39 shots (19 on target), I know stats aren't everything but not sure where you're coming from with 1 in 20, he's as consistent as the next creative player (high hopes for Politic but very inconsistent).  Class player at championship level.*

*Shut up, dick.

Edited by Marc505

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Pompey sold 50k for Wembley against Salford 

set a record for the biggest support at a neutral ground 

massive 

When were doing well in that competition years ago it was all novel; hadn't been to Wembley in years.

Just wouldn't have the same interest just now. To be honest I'm a bit surprised it has for pompy, given they've done well in major cups not too long back.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

41 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

When were doing well in that competition years ago it was all novel; hadn't been to Wembley in years.

Just wouldn't have the same interest just now. To be honest I'm a bit surprised it has for pompy, given they've done well in major cups not too long back.

Me too

and to think they took 40 last season it’s very remarkable 

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Hoping our fate is sealed pretty early, it been like a slow death. 

...and we would still play with fear, especially with this fucking onion in charge.

28 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Cheer up, utd are winning...

Take an immense amount of pride that, should you they win this, it's a game less to Liverpool winning the title. 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm the same, I would have walked to Wembley in the 80s and 90s to see us there, if we get there in next few years in that cup I cant see me going.  But if I was a Pompey fan travelling about 80 miles guaranteed to take minimum 40k I wouldn't want to miss the occasion.

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Thanks for the debate anyway Marc

Ha! Unfortunately we won't be on the undercard for the rumble outside the club shop. From what I vaguely remember I'd put some pissed up incoherent nonsense in reply then thought it best to just leave it.

I blame Neck Oil.

2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Ha! Unfortunately we won't be on the undercard for the rumble outside the club shop. From what I vaguely remember I'd put some pissed up incoherent nonsense in reply then thought it best to just leave it.

I blame Neck Oil.

Most posts on this forum are basically that though.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm the same, I would have walked to Wembley in the 80s and 90s to see us there, if we get there in next few years in that cup I cant see me going.  But if I was a Pompey fan travelling about 80 miles guaranteed to take minimum 40k I wouldn't want to miss the occasion.

I think it’s an age thing, i did both of our Wembley trips in the 1980’s, plus 4 of our Wembley appearances in the 90’s, i certainly wouldn’t do them all if they happened now, i think what got you excited you when you were younger, might not be as exciting now.

38 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Wish I had a pound for every time I've written some ramble after a couple of drinks then thought what the hell am I on about and just sacked it.  I'd have at least a fiver now.

Oh same, almost enough to buy a pint in London!