Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Went to River v Boca about 10 years ago. Posted some pics on here a while back. Absolute carnage. Never seen anything like it. I’d been to see Flamengo v Botafogo at the Maracana a few years before that and it made the Rio derby look like a friendly. 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Been in a boozer in Rammy this afternoon - our ex-full back who has a name like a fanny was in. Didn’t realise he’s still only 36

12 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

He still knocking around with Bassini?

He's just moved in down the road from my mum. I'll pop in to borrow some sugar if I suspect Bassini to be there.

17 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Never been, mrs has, said Columbia was good but had an edge, and she got robbed at gun point

My dad's worked all over the world.

Columbia definitely the sketchiest he says. Got dropped at the hotel and told not to leave the little square it was on. It had shops bars and restaurants on it so no need to. He got a bullet proof car chauffeur driven to and from the mill. After all that turning up on site and having to tell them to undo loads of the world they'd done ahead of schedule was a bit scary

• Site Supporter

Looks like Charlton could be up the creek with the turn of events there, and Hull have dropped into the bottom 3 of the Championship.

I've nothing against either club but Oztumer and Magennis can have everything that comes to them the way they handled things at the start of this season

I'm sympathetic to any player that found themselves at Bolton in 2019.  McGennis is a poor player but comes across as a decent genuine bloke when interviewed, good luck to him but I have no desire to watch him play.  Oztumer came to us with hopes of a championship career and was rewarded with watching the likes of Vela, Buckley and Murphy playing Parky/losing football in his place, whilst not necessarily being paid.  And he's criticised for wanting to leave.  I don't expect any Bolton fan to agree.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Looks like Charlton could be up the creek with the turn of events there, and Hull have dropped into the bottom 3 of the Championship.

I've nothing against either club but Oztumer and Magennis can have everything that comes to them the way they handled things at the start of this season

Magennis maybe, but not Oztumer

PP would just not pick him, no matter what

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

Magennis maybe, but not Oztumer

PP would just not pick him, no matter what

Oztumer got plenty of chances & simply wasn't good enough in any of them to get more. He's not getting many starts for Charlton either

He also got picked for us 1st match this season & wasn't interested in playing.

11 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Oztumer got plenty of chances & simply wasn't good enough in any of them to get more. He's not getting many starts for Charlton either

He also got picked for us 1st match this season & wasn't interested in playing.

Compared to which other attacking midfielders?  Connolly, Vela, Buckley, Donaldson all started more games and I'd love to know which of those would get games at Charlton.  And they hadnt spent the previous seasons scoring and creating loads of goals in Div 1.