Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest 4 Wanderers 1

burnden

All things said, each of the 4 goals was shocking individual mistakes. We gifted every single goal to them with either slips, poor headers or not tackling. No formation can take account of that. Plus Mills should be made to walk home. Don't understand why every single defender we put out is having a nightmare at the moment. Mjalby needs to get it sorted quickly....

We can't carry on pissing four goals a game. We were just getting the defence sorted out but a mixture of bad luck injury wise, bad disipline, some shit refereeing and woeful defending has seen the season off. It's a good job our forwards are scoring (intermitantly), or we would be fucked.

All this simply emphasises just what an utter genius Lennon is.

Even though we all love him, he's still managing to give the moaners plenty of stuff to get their teeth into, which they adore doing.

Meanwhile, the blindly optimistic are still bathing in the glow of the new appointment.

Win win.

I've never known this forum to have such contentment amongst the members.

He's just amazing.

We are higher in the league than when he was appointed, not difficult admittedly. The atmosphere is better around the place, again couldn't have been much worse. He can only play the hand he's been dealt. Tell you what, poor run, let's sack him, then joy would be unconfined!

Freedman spoke complete and utter tripe so contrived it made my skin crawl had to switch it off Lenny spoke from his gut that's hurt him today gutted for him - we'll finish above forest next year and maybe even this don't underwstimate Lenny and by fucking christ don't over estminate dougie - when's the last time we got owt but fuck all at forest?

Under Lenny going to the game is a joy again & for that he has my thanks & a great deal of time, understanding & patience whilst he sorts out the shite the jock fucker left him to deal with.

Can't blame Freedman for the last few games. We were doing alright prior to that.

• Moderators

bogdan was inspired in the first game (and hes our best keeper) and there's loads of teams raised themselves for one off games

maybe lennon respected liverpool and just thinks in this league we can beat anyone

its time he realised our patched up team can't, mind

bogdan was inspired in the first game (and hes our best keeper) and there's loads of teams raised themselves for one off games

maybe lennon respected liverpool and just thinks in this league we can beat anyone

its time he realised our patched up team can't, mind

Lennon had already been quoted as saying they were attempting to be more conservative today

He's got a lot wrong recently IMO, but I don't believe the accusation of him going gung ho is a correct one

In fact we gave it away a lot today because there were so few players further forward than the ball. The lack of players willing to run past their man when we have throw ins is also getting regular

We do look like a team of midgets though

Lennon had already been quoted as saying they were attempting to be more conservative today

He's got a lot wrong recently IMO, but I don't believe the accusation of him going gung ho is a correct one

In fact we gave it away a lot today because there were so few players further forward than the ball. The lack of players willing to run past their man when we have throw ins is also getting regular

We do look like a team of midgets though

The rot today started with Twardik I thought it was a strange pick and it proved to be he was all over the shop, why leave Janko out I don't know, why not play Mcnaughton I don't know why switch Ream to right back I don't know and why move vela to midfield when he's flying at full back I don't know. What I do believe is Lennon won't keep making errors of judgement and when he has a fullish squad to chose from we will see a completely different level of performance.

I have sympathy that Lennon doesn't have many choices and is limited in his player selections.

But playing attacking midfield players at left back and a wide open midfield doesn't really help things.

Of course Lennon has been great since being here, but we did not look setup to be solid today. Perhaps that isn't entirely his fault, but we had players who could have played to make us look like we were trying to be solid and that team wasn't it.

Edited by bwfcfan5

• Moderators

I have thought about this and maybe it's time to realise he's not in Scotland anymore

Up there he just had to turn up on a Saturday to win but had to dig deep for the decent champions league results he got

No doubt that experience came in handy v Liverpool but there's maybe more to it in the league down here

And he'll need some backing in the summer whilst he's working on it

Perhaps it is as simple as we've seen the new manager boost that we enjoyed under Freedman too. But now the players have reverted to their previous can't be arsed States?

We've been wank since after Christmas in reality. Today looked like for a number of them it was all a bit too much like hard work and they didnt want to be there.

Hope that isn't the case but certainly looks it.

we need to score more goals and not let as many in. also someone sort the refs out, they are overly cheating and cocky. if we do that we ok.dirty tackles , get man on all the time, give no room and drink more ale. ok. stop starting and start stopping them in the box. head the ball. no toe bunging. I know it sounds funny but I just cant stand the pain.