Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cyclists Who Film Stuff

Zico

Do our lot use these modern machines that rip up and relay the old stuff that use a fraction of new tar mac compared to traditional methods?

They're ace. Fascinating to watch.

The French use em on their motorways.

Planings from over here are starting to be more widely recycled back into more tarmac.

It used to go to local sports clubs for their car parks and access roads and on near by unadopted back streets. As it used to cost to dump it.

I'm sure some still does but if manufacturers are taking it back to recycle then I'd imagine there's a cost offset.

The ex's (then) young lad did one and learned sod all apart from how to recklessly endanger himself whilst adhering to all the rules he'd been taught...

Thought it was just him until they started doing them near me, at the end of one session of about an hour they all adjourned back to school, mindful of fucking nothing but being a foot from the kerb - oblivious to any dangers...

When we were kids we'd go all over the shop from about nine onwards, learnt on the job. Less cars and crazed foreigners behind the wheel back then though ;)

• 10 months later...
  • Site Supporter
17 hours ago, bolty58 said:

That amused me no end. Many cyclists here are worse than nazi stormtroopers. Think they own the road and are untouchable.

Nowt wrong with the good and considerate ones. Only the the 'always a victim'/"It's my road" ones.

Yep, a fair appraisal.

That said, that video does seem a bit of a cunt's trick, unless she'd done something idiotic first.

Once got knocked off my bike on long lane, it fucking hurts.

• Moderators

They must've known she'd be there otherwise they wouldn't be filming it

They probably know her and vice versa

If not it's a proper cunts trick if she's a stranger and done nothing to provoke them

In any case her reaction is most amusing as she disappears into the bushes

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

They must've known she'd be there otherwise they wouldn't be filming it

They probably know her and vice versa

If not it's a proper cunts trick if she's a stranger and done nothing to provoke them

In any case her reaction is most amusing as she disappears into the bushes

It's the response from the cyclist which makes me think it's a fake story. She'd still be wondering what the fuck went on as the car fucks off.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, gonzo said:

How can this be anyone elses fault but the cyclist?

Hes undertaking a left turning vehicle in a left only lane.

Cyclist's collision with van sparks debate 

https://news.sky.com/video/share-12928778

Even the cyclist looks to be admitting responsibility 

But what does Jeremy Vine think? 

I have often wondered, in normal lanes, do you have to let the cyclist under take before you turn left, or are they meant to stop and wait

• Site Supporter
Just now, Zico said:

I have often wondered, in normal lanes, do you have to let the cyclist under take before you turn left, or are they meant to stop and wait

In a normal lane where there is a choice of directions I’d expect the van to indicate. In a dedicated left turn lane there is no need. Mirror Signal Manoeuvre is all about making sure some cunt on a pushbike isn’t just about to spoil your paintwork.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

Highway Code was changed last year. You're supposed to give way to pedestrians and cyclists at junctions now.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-highway-code-8-changes-you-need-to-know-from-29-january-2022

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Not even a give way junction that though, hes just following the road left isnt he?

Yeah, pretty sure it's been unanimously agreed that the Cyclist is at fault in that one.