Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

Surely it'll cost more to the club the shut them for the whole season.

One of cup games with reduced ticket prices are one thing, but to close your most expensive seats for the whole season?

I suppose it depends on how many they think they'll sell compared to the actual costs of opening and policing the upper tiers.

Maybe they'll start off with everything open, and then if we don't do well and the crowds drop off, they can just force those with ST's in the upper tiers to move down to the lower tiers

I suppose it depends on how many they think they'll sell compared to the actual costs of opening and policing the upper tiers.

Maybe they'll start off with everything open, and then if we don't do well and the crowds drop off, they can just force those with ST's in the upper tiers to move down to the lower tiers

And refund them?

Makes no sense.

I've said before I have concerns about if we can afford the upkeep of such a big ground in the 3rd Division  -  I know many won't like it but the upper tiers will be closed/mothballed for pretty much the entire season.

Our facilities will be the best in the division, but can we afford to maintain them

Also, people are still saying "We have to avoid relegation at all costs" -  whilst this is true,it's simply not going to happen, and I'm not sure why people think that we are likely to go on an unbeaten run

If we cannot avoid relegation then severe cuts are inevitable.

The obvious thing is simply not to offer season tickets in the upper stands, and just offer swaps there as and when it is open.

Edited by MalcolmW

JPT.....on a wet Tuesday evening........home against Hartlepool

What do we reckon? - 3500 in attendance?

If you're prepared to go to Eastleigh at home in an early round of the fa cup then you'd be willing to go to an early round of the Jpt?

There must be 5000 who will go absolutely regardless who we are playing and what competition it is. (Competitive matches)

We had 4000 on to see us lose against real betis in a pre season friendly

£4m income... Will that not be less no we have sold the offices

probably

We can do some real fag packet sums...

23 league games x 10K x £20 = £4.6M

And I'm guessing that we won't be averaging £200K gate receipts for every home game (bearing in mind we don't generate that now)

My guess is that gate receipts would be closer to £3M than £4.6M though

• Site Supporter

probably

We can do some real fag packet sums...

23 league games x 10K x £20 = £4.6M

And I'm guessing that we won't be averaging £200K gate receipts for every home game (bearing in mind we don't generate that now)

My guess is that gate receipts would be closer to £3M than £4.6M though

but then theres programme sales, kiosk sales (if we arent still oursourcing), club shop merchandising on a match day, general upselling in shop and ticket office.

it all adds up.... if done correctly.

they must increase the avg value of a customer on match days.

Edited by HomerJay

Average ticket £20???

I was being overly optimistic and also including sales of pies, programmes and bovril...........I appreciate that we're closer to £10 per ticket, but that number made me feel too sad - hence saying I thought the real number would be closer to £3M than £4.6M

If you're prepared to go to Eastleigh at home in an early round of the fa cup then you'd be willing to go to an early round of the Jpt?

There must be 5000 who will go absolutely regardless who we are playing and what competition it is. (Competitive matches)

We had 4000 on to see us lose against real betis in a pre season friendly

The equivalent games freight rover in the 80s attracted crowds less than 2000. I would think it wouldn't be many more next season. Anyhow were not going down so we can all chill. Edited by Mounts Kipper

I think you might be in for a bit of a surprise.....

Hopefully it won't come to it, and we'll avoid relegation, but that's looking more and more tricky with each passing game

Worried is a bit strong.

Frankly if they did it'd give me an excuse to fuck it all off once and for all.

Yours is upper tiers

For some it was prem footy

Folk like anewman it's been once we pot a long list of managers they'll come back

For me it'll be when we stop serving ale.

• Site Supporter

I agree, but I'm sure even negotiating a contract termination will end up costing us an incredible amount of money (he'll no doubt want the difference between what he is being paid now and what his new club are willing to offer)

If we get relegated, I'm sure that we would let him go on a free just to get him off the books

We'd only have to pay that for remaining length of his contract. Let him go for free if necessary. The money saved on those cancelled loans would surely cover this.