Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

Why are people so arsed that we haven't paid the fucking tax man for a while?

For all anyone knows, any money we have made from recent sales might have paid off local creditors, or paid staffs wages etc. Places I'd much rather it go with the short term cash flow issues we've got instead of to the government.

We haven't been put into administration, we have been sold. If we didn't get fed all the bullshit along the way from every 'reliable source' in the media or mates of mates then none of us would give a shit.

If we had a half decent manager that should have us clear of relegation then we really wouldn't give a shit.

Lets hope this is why Moyes has been at so many games recently, we could probably win enough to stay up just off new manager effect. 

Totally agree with Eddie (poster) that if we had a half decent manager able to organise us enough to fight out of this then we wouldnt really care. Lennon has got away with murder through all this IMO. 

I'm not convinced by this buying the club for £7.5m is correct terminology? Is it not instead that they are making a down payment of £7.5m to fund some more months of losing £1m per month, as opposed to paying ED £7.5m.

As always suspect we know nothing and that reporting of scant details is not fully accurate

I'm not convinced by this buying the club for £7.5m is correct terminology? Is it not instead that they are making a down payment of £7.5m to fund some more months of losing £1m per month, as opposed to paying ED £7.5m.

As always suspect we know nothing and that reporting of scant details is not fully accurate

That's the way I see it. Could be wrong though.

ED just been on Sky Sports who are reporting that he's writing off 173 million of his own money as part of the deal.

ED sounded very tired and said that the money was a gift to the club and to the people of Bolton and that the process had taken so long because he had to be sure the new owners were the right ones and there was a lot of emotion in the sale. Not like just selling a normal business.

And we're paying near 200 grand interest per week on what we owe them.

Close.

If you change some of the words.

Unless you believe that HMRC are charging, what, 500% interest.

Our liability is increasing by that, but that's due to fact of that's what our tax bill is per week, and we ain't paying owt at the moment.

If it's true that SS have picked up the club (ground, lostock, left over car park etc) for £7.5m with no debt then they've done very well

Even if they have a contract to pump in £2.5m a year of they're own dough for 5 years I'd still think they are up on the deal (assets alone)

Not sure how they are planning on braking even though or moving things forward for that matter

I can't get GMR, keep us posted