Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fa Cup 4 Th Round

miamiwhite

BBC are showing Leicester v Spurs, BT Sport still to announce their game. 

Liverpool have a league match on the previous Sunday on TV, so they are unlikely to agree to switching to Tuesday (as they would have too field a reserve side).

If they are out (and the delay may because BT really want that match) then I would guess it falls between Bolton and Villa.

• Moderators

Liverpool have a league match on the previous Sunday on TV, so they are unlikely to agree to switching to Tuesday (as they would have too field a reserve side).

If they are out (and the delay may because BT really want that match) then I would guess it falls between Bolton and Villa.

bristol city v west brom

Bloke phoned into the Colin Murray show on Talksport today regarding who's shown on TV in the FA Cup

Basically he said that every round's televised ties should show the lowest-placed clubs in the league. So if they are showing 3 matches live, show the games involving the 3 clubs that are lowest in the whole of the league

Went on a rant saying that the Eastleigh/Bolton game should have been shown because who the fuck wants to see Spurs vs Leicester when there's a chance of seeing a giant-killing.

Don't think that he was a Wanderer, just a joe-average fan with the best fucking idea I've heard for a long time 

Bloke phoned into the Colin Murray show on Talksport today regarding who's shown on TV in the FA Cup

Basically he said that every round's televised ties should show the lowest-placed clubs in the league. So if they are showing 3 matches live, show the games involving the 3 clubs that are lowest in the whole of the league

Went on a rant saying that the Eastleigh/Bolton game should have been shown because who the fuck wants to see Spurs vs Leicester when there's a chance of seeing a giant-killing.

Don't think that he was a Wanderer, just a joe-average fan with the best fucking idea I've heard for a long time

Somebody was talking on Radio 5 last week about something similar. They suggested that all BPL clubs should play away for round 3 and 4 unless drawn against another BPL side.

This gives the smaller club the home advantage but the small club has the option to play the match at the BPL ground and the lower league side get to keep all gate money.

• Moderators

But if you do that you could end up with one like mk dons v Northampton, Yeovil v Carlisle or Bradford v bury on TV

No one would watch them and you're lying if you say you would

I'd rather watch spurs v Leicester

Didn't think the TV games were that bad anyway this time round

Exeter nearly beat Liverpool, utd nearly didn't beat Sheff Utd, Wycombe held villa, Oxford upset Swansea, Chelsea weren't certain the way their seasons going and spurs Leicester was a good game from what I saw

Got a stream for our game, was shite

• Moderators

Exeter nearly beat Liverpool, utd nearly didn't beat Sheff Utd, Wycombe held villa, Oxford upset Swansea, Chelsea weren't certain the way their seasons going and spurs Leicester was a good game from what I saw

only game i saw was ours

of the tv games, ratings aside, you could make a case for all but united and chelsea

• Moderators

only game i saw was ours

of the tv games, ratings aside, you could make a case for all but united and chelsea

You could make a case for them two as well

Both are relatively shit this season, utd already been done at home by boro in the league cup and Chelsea got done by Bradford last season

But let's be honest, it's only a "disgrace" when we're not picked

But if you do that you could end up with one like mk dons v Northampton, Yeovil v Carlisle or Bradford v bury on TV

No one would watch them and you're lying if you say you would

I'd rather watch spurs v Leicester

Didn't think the TV games were that bad anyway this time round

Got a stream for our game, was shite

if spurs were playing leicester in my back garden i would draw the curtains