Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Moaning Old B*stards

leef78

I think that N/ESL corner now generates the most noise. Combination of some youth and old boys seeing to that.

To echo MK, I agree that there should be an unreserved section, and this place is ideal. However, we had our share of run ins with said miserable owd beggars there... You can never please everyone.

I intend to move there next season, certainly seems more of a craic, both in seats and on concourse

If they made the ESL unreserved seating I'd be offskis.

I'm quite happy who I have around me and have had same seats,give or take a few,for nearly 20 years.

It's been discussed loads before but having a group of supporters singing in that corner is a complete waste of time. They may aswell be stood on tesco's car park. I've sat in WSL and they sound like a small away following shoved in a corner.

Noise should come from an end/kop.

Ours was bad planning from the offset. Away fans should be in ESL and any vocal fans should've been guided to the south stand.

As it stands there will be more atmosphere on the moon than there will be at our gaff next season.

If they made the ESL unreserved seating I'd be offskis.

I'm quite happy who I have around me and have had same seats,give or take a few,for nearly 20 years.

It's been discussed loads before but having a group of supporters singing in that corner is a complete waste of time. They may aswell be stood on tesco's car park. I've sat in WSL and they sound like a small away following shoved in a corner.

Noise should come from an end/kop.

Ours was bad planning from the offset. Away fans should be in ESL and any vocal fans should've been guided to the south stand.

As it stands there will be more atmosphere on the moon than there will be at our gaff next season.

To be fair to the club they tried getting folk who wanted to sing in the nsl.

To be fair to the club they tried getting folk who wanted to sing in the nsl.

Only after it was too late and about 10 years after we'd been there.

When we first moved they said the Lofthouse stand was for the more vocal support and they wanted to emulate the Burnden Paddock.

Plus the notrights generally wanted to be next to the away stand.

You were never going to rehouse the occupants of ESL that far into it and without moving the away fans with em.

They'd never put away fans ESL because that's what the cameras are looking at and they'd never put them WSL because of the boxes, obviously can't put them upper so an end is all that's left after piss poor planning from the outset.

Cost us countless points as well, especially when we let them attack towards their fans second half.

More and more are putting them in corners and down the side nowadays. Can't think of many prem teams that still have away fans behind goal.

Like Anderson says, it's like a home game for away teams at our gaff when that end is packed.

chelsea, citeh, liverpool all have away fans in an end stand.

even if its not a majority (not much of an away game attendee but can't bring to mind many places iv sat in anywhere than an end) its incredibly common.

if all the fans that came in the prem good days came back, we'd be able to put our fans in the south stand again

I'd put them in South side of wsl. Stick anyone who wants to sing in the south stand lower. Police would never agree though. The club spent years throwing people out for singing and then moved the away fans from near the crazy corner. They then start moaning the atmosphere is crap. It's better in the north east corner now but it's a bit americanised. It's not helped that the teams poor now but atmosphere wise the club did it's best to kill it.

Plus surely atmosphere generation is down to the fans?

Any attempt to generate atmosphere by the club is seen as too Americanised.

So rather than sitting and bitching about it why don't those fans who want to sing and generate an atmosphere try and get together to do so?

Plus surely atmosphere generation is down to the fans?

Any attempt to generate atmosphere by the club is seen as too Americanised.

So rather than sitting and bitching about it why don't those fans who want to sing and generate an atmosphere try and get together to do so?

Who is bitching about it?