Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Elite Posters Music Thread

Spider

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Smiley said:

Read that Kiss have sold all their rights for 300 million. Think the plan will be to reproduce the ABBA Voyage experience for them. I could probably only name 2 songs of theirs. Are they really that big?

Two? I’m struggling to name more than…

Scrub that, I can’t name a single Kiss song. I’d probably recognise one or two but wouldn’t be able an attribute them to Kiss. I think that era passed me by.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Smiley said:

Read that Kiss have sold all their rights for 300 million. Think the plan will be to reproduce the ABBA Voyage experience for them. I could probably only name 2 songs of theirs. Are they really that big?

Massive in terms of album sales aye

Think I know 3 or 4 

Decent songs but wouldn't consider going seeing them live

15 minutes ago, Zico said:

Massive in terms of album sales aye

Think I know 3 or 4 

Decent songs but wouldn't consider going seeing them live

Much better live than on record.

Kiss Alive! and Destroyer are the must have albums.

Much bigger in the states as a brand and because they got a whole generation of metal heads into music so inspired so many bands from grunge to groove metal.

Anyway Gene Simmons has licked my Mrs finger and it is scarily long apparently 😁

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Much better live than on record.

Kiss Alive! and Destroyer are the must have albums.

Much bigger in the states as a brand and because they got a whole generation of metal heads into music so inspired so many bands from grunge to groove metal.

Anyway Gene Simmons has licked my Mrs finger and it is scarily long apparently 😁

Can she curl it all the way up to the back of your prostate?

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

12 happy years my friend

You said you were scared.

that soon changes once you’ve had your walnut tickled.

Im told.

Also read that Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley had already bought out the rights to Kiss from Ace Frehley and Peter Criss many many years ago…. So that means the new deal pays out to only them leaving Frehley & Criss without an extra cent from this new deal. Don’t know if they will throw a few dollars their way, or just say “bad luck fellas”.

6 hours ago, Smiley said:

Also read that Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley had already bought out the rights to Kiss from Ace Frehley and Peter Criss many many years ago…. So that means the new deal pays out to only them leaving Frehley & Criss without an extra cent from this new deal. Don’t know if they will throw a few dollars their way, or just say “bad luck fellas”.

088673ae-98ef-461d-b826-af6dd6cb08f2_text.gif.42379d72846080eded5230b97aa14f48.gif

Not sure how I've Missed BC Camplight but his album of last year 'The Last Rotation of Earth' is right up my strasse.

Apparently from New Jersey but moved to Manchester over a decade ago at the suggestion of someone on twitter or something.

Anyway, late to the party but really very good, bit John Cale-esque.

23 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Not sure how I've Missed BC Camplight but his album of last year 'The Last Rotation of Earth' is right up my strasse.

Apparently from New Jersey but moved to Manchester over a decade ago at the suggestion of someone on twitter or something.

Great album. Went to see him in Manchester last year and him and his band are brilliant live too. Always gives out guestlist spots for any of his gigs to people who DM him on twitter.

On 09/04/2024 at 13:33, Not in Crawley said:

BC Camplight and few interesting names on here

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Watching a Notts band called Express Office Portico tonight, its the launch party for their new EP.

Only downside is their singer quit yesterday.

Sounds almost the same as what happened with The Crooks. Thankfully they’ve reformed since.

On 29/03/2024 at 19:42, Cheese said:

I'm biased because I've met him and he's the nicest bloke in the world and I also love his music, but Chris Helme's new album is fucking brilliant.

Loving his new album. Totally different from what I’d normally listen to, but after 3-4 spins it’s a real grower. Light years away from his Seahorses material.

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Smiley said:

Loving his new album. Totally different from what I’d normally listen to, but after 3-4 spins it’s a real grower. Light years away from his Seahorses material.

See him live if you get a chance. He's one of them who'll have a pint with you before/after the gig, and still remember you a year later. Proper nice fella.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Sounds almost the same as what happened with The Crooks. Thankfully they’ve reformed since.

Well she played the gig so it can be classed as her leaving do 😀

On 11/04/2024 at 10:28, green genie said:

BC Camplight and few interesting names on here

Really fancy that this year. I like John Francis Flynn's stuff and I've seen Voka Gentle in Atherton and they were mint. Reckon this year might finally be the year we go to Krankenhaus tooGK9A-3zWIAAB_Bj.thumb.jpeg.7867510336fe41801651a73ed0ea5e3a.jpeg

Edited by tshape

9 hours ago, tshape said:

Really fancy that this year. I like John Francis Flynn's stuff and I've seen Voka Gentle in Atherton and they were mint. Reckon this year might finally be the year we go to Krankenhaus tooGK9A-3zWIAAB_Bj.thumb.jpeg.7867510336fe41801651a73ed0ea5e3a.jpeg

Looks great that- Really like Lanterns on the Lake

On 11/04/2024 at 20:41, Cheese said:

See him live if you get a chance. He's one of them who'll have a pint with you before/after the gig, and still remember you a year later. Proper nice fella.

Will 99% be going to see him in Bowdon/Altrincham in October. Seen him a couple of times as a support act when he did mainly Seahorses stuff (which I love). Be interesting to see him mix Seahorses and his new album up.

https://www.quaytickets.com/bowdonrooms/en-GB/shows/chris helme/events

Edited by Smiley

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, little whitt said:

Just looked at Tickets for 

The Eagle's 

at the new coop place 

£400   English pounds a ticket 

Do you get to take one of them home?