Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

He’s shite. Think people are skirting round that. 

That kind of description for a bloke who never gives less than 100%, adds much to the team dynamic and was instrumental in Saturdays victory, is grossly unfair 

You're sounding like a BN or twitter loon.

1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

That kind of description for a bloke who never gives less than 100%, adds much to the team dynamic and was instrumental in Saturdays victory, is grossly unfair 

He is crap. 

Don’t hate him and have stated plenty of times he probably has a part to play  but not as a player.

Honestly would you want him to play more? I see some logic in him coming on but when we are chasing the game it’s laughable. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Duck Egg said:

I think his off pitch effect will arguably be as important as his stuff on.

Clearly past his best now, but still with plenty to offer.

Is it any coincidence that folk have said Vic has improved recently? 

29 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Calvin Ramsey, Liverpool RB on loan supposedly - us instead of Leeds as he'll get more game time here and Bradley has obviously overtaken him at Liverpool.

One might argue that we're weaker in other areas than right back, Matheson could well slot in if/when needed

3 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Agree with you.  Not saying he's never made a mistake or whatever (eg conceding pen v Stevenage) and clearly he's not here to score goals but virtually every time I've seen him play I've thought he knows what he's doing, he's strong as an ox (that's so rare for us) and he plays with intelligence and composure generally.  We have hardly any leaders and he's one.

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

He is crap. 

Don’t hate him and have stated plenty of times he probably has a part to play  but not as a player.

Honestly would you want him to play more? I see some logic in him coming on but when we are chasing the game it’s laughable. 

Hes only been coming on because Dan has been injured and its clear we are in the market for another forward.

Theres no a Bolton fan in the world who wants him to feature more but to label him as crap is massively wrong.

Hes done everything thats been asked of him. Hes just 39 and 5th choice striker in Division 3.

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Hes only been coming on because Dan has been injured and its clear we are in the market for another forward.

Theres no a Bolton fan in the world who wants him to feature more but to label him as crap is massively wrong.

Hes done everything thats been asked of him. Hes just 39 and 5th choice striker in Division 3.

You’ve just defined crap though. I’ll leave it here as it’s seems slightly emotive and despite my thoughts I want them all to do well. Just feel it’s being overlooked as he’s good for the dressing room

21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

How much was the fee?

Latics speyk suggesting 750k Inc add ons. I imagine getting his wages off the books will be just as vital. Is Wyke still there on his reputed 10k a week?

33 minutes ago, woolli said:

Callum Lang two and half year contract to Portsmouth.

To give him the same treatment as every other forward in this thread, last season and a half of league football he's managed 3 goals in 58 games.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Calvin Ramsey, Liverpool RB on loan supposedly - us instead of Leeds as he'll get more game time here and Bradley has obviously overtaken him at Liverpool.

Get him in, Aaron Collins to follow and another potential player and with Ogbeta already through with no departures, could be massive.

1 hour ago, maaarsh said:

Couldn't get a game at Preston to indeed feels pointless for Liverpool trying to send him anywhere at that level again - hopefully we're the beneficiary 

Was injured at PNE. Watch his reel on YT, he can cross a ball! and his corners look tasty. Different player to Bradley but a £6.5m rated right wing back is no benchwarmer.

1 minute ago, white noise said:

Was injured at PNE. Watch his reel on YT, he can cross a ball! and his corners look tasty. Different player to Bradley but a £6.5m rated right wing back is no benchwarmer.

Aye doesn’t bode well for Cogley which I think is unfortunate 

2 minutes ago, white noise said:

More than good enough for us I hope, but Preston didn't pick him even when fit hence he's not there any more - given that feels optimistic for Liverpool to send him to a bigger club like Leeds or Southampton and hope they play him - overall good for us as we wouldn't get him otherwise.

4 minutes ago, tomski said:

Aye doesn’t bode well for Cogley which I think is unfortunate 

I really like Cogley, especially as I think he himself was initially only signed as a back up to that Wilson we were meant to be after. He just seems shattered is all.

L2 loan for Matheson hopefully then like Carty, we get a player of real quality who's not the athlete Cogley is but brings in the attributes we were looking for when we wanted that Wilson during the summer. Not too optimistic on the Collins saga, their local journo's trying to make out Charlton & Wrexham are still lurking yet that O'Rourke guy is saying they're not it's strictly just us or nobody this Jan? They're auctioning him off, they'll hold out till deadline day to see if any teams match it from elsewhere & Evatt will be sick of being effed about most likely coming to an impasse. B'Burn can f off, no way is Ennis worth 500k maybe when he was in form at Argyle? He's had a few sub apps, been unfit, history of injuries, clearly unwanted & they obviously regret giving him a 4 year deal. 

14 minutes ago, white noise said:

According to Lancs Evening Post, arrived at Preston in the summer unfit as recovering from injury then when he got fit and  in the team got Covid and missed another 3 games.  Just not worked out for him yet at Champ level, but both Southampton and Leeds interested so he's clearly got something about him when fit.