Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
Just now, masi 51 said:

Gas men wanting around 1m for him.......Neither us or Wrexham paying that

If he wants to come here he has ambition...Chooses Wrexham he is in it for the money

We will see next week

Having left him out, you'd suspect that they've already accepted an offer.

Be a bit odd otherwise. 

1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

Bodvarrson to Cambridge is the latest rumour

Its an obvious link with them being managed by ex Millwall legend Neil Harris.  Bod needs a contract for next season and he isn't getting any big offers with his lack of appearances/goals for us.  Good luck to him if he secures a proper contract and a starting place, he deserves it.

Sounds like a similar situation to our Dapo one tbh, both having breakout seasons looking like the bollocks in this league & the following one for whatever reasons have failed to replicate. 

9 minutes ago, desperado said:

Gees, that's a big statement from us making a £600,000 bid in January to get an extra forward 

Yep, if that's right (and it has the hallmarks of being) then we're in for a seriously interesting few days here.

From what Evatt says we have our valuations of players and don't deviate from that too much. Be surprised on that basis if we meet in the middle at £800k.

“We try to be straight and fair,” he told The Bolton News. “When we value someone, we are not playing games. We are not trying to low-ball anyone and then come in at the 11th hour of the transfer window and make your life a bit of a misery.

“We have to say: ‘We see it as this, is it feasible or not?’ “There is always some degree of manoeuvrability or tweaks you can make but fundamentally the price is the price for us, and then it is down to parent club to decide if that is what they want. If it is a yes, fantastic, if it is a no then we’ll walk away.

Do we need Collins? Probably not.

But Bristol will be thinking, this could be the difference between Bolton getting autos and playoffs so should pay a premium.

With his contract expiring June 2025, we do have some leverage, but Bristol might think they can get more for him in Summer. 

Does anyone know if Collins is any good?  Some strikers in this league register with me, I've heard of Collins but can't say I've ever noticed him.

From what IE was saying, we have a price for a player and if its turned down we walk away and don't get into an auction, £600k seems more than enough unless he's nailed on quality.  

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Does anyone know if Collins is any good?  Some strikers in this league register with me, I've heard of Collins but can't say I've ever noticed him.

From what IE was saying, we have a price for a player and if its turned down we walk away and don't get into an auction, £600k seems more than enough unless he's nailed on quality.  

Won player of the season last season - for the whole division.

So must be pretty good, considering his team finished 17th.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2023/april/collins-named-poty/

1 minute ago, L/H White said:

Seems to be some weight behind these vik rumours 

Feels like one in for Collins to come at the fees being banded. That says my guy says it will be Charles and not Victor. No itk just a feeling