Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, meanderson93 said:

Still don't get the abuse Kachunga gets, sure he can go missing here and there, but he's clearly a good footballer. 

Scored one of our better goals last year and during that period leading up to Christmas was probably our most effective forward player, can do much worse than having him as a 4th choice striker in the squad. 

I think the problem is he's probably quite likely to be one of our higher earners, which is not really appropriate for a fourth choice striker.

• Site Supporter

NobEnd clearing the decks.

They’ve just released a player (Bayliss), that cost them £2m, 3 years ago. Now signed for Shrewsbury.

Lack of Hemmings’ subsidies will mean that they’ll have to tighten their belt.

5 minutes ago, Steejay said:

They’ve just released a player (Bayliss), that cost them £2m, 3 years ago. Now signed for Shrewsbury.

Can see them heading to league one next year or 2. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Yep, just depends whether his family keeps pumping in the £14m pa.

They’ve shifted 11k ST but that includes kids seats that are FOC for U11’s.

Bloke in the gym was saying that he’s got two for his grandkids but doesn’t think they’ll get used.

8 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yep, just depends whether his family keeps pumping in the £14m pa.

They’ve shifted 11k ST but that includes kids seats that are FOC for U11’s.

Bloke in the gym was saying that he’s got two for his grandkids but doesn’t think they’ll get used.

Can’t see them pumping in 14 million shortfall going forward now TH passed away…. But you never know what instructions he left prior to passing away. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

He supposedly spent last season on loan at Wigan but only played 8 times.  Seems odd they paid so much for him from Coventry, he'd only played league 1 and 2 games for them.

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Assuming Rotherham go down, and there's bound to be at least one club that has a financial crisis (Bristol City, Birmingham, Reading, Cardiff?), I'd prefer PNE to leave the other spot to Wigan.  Although there's other likely contenders in Hull, Sunderland and Blackpool.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, meanderson93 said:

Still don't get the abuse Kachunga gets, sure he can go missing here and there, but he's clearly a good footballer. 

Scored one of our better goals last year and during that period leading up to Christmas was probably our most effective forward player, can do much worse than having him as a 4th choice striker in the squad. 

Aye, once he got his first goal he started performing well 

He's not going to start but plenty good enough for the bench

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Can’t see them pumping in 14 million shortfall going forward now TH passed away…. But you never know what instructions he left prior to passing away. 

Possibly similar scenario to us, wealthy fan as a benefactor happy to chuck money into the chasm to cover costs, pops his clogs leaving a void that next generation are unwilling to fill.

7 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Possibly similar scenario to us, wealthy fan as a benefactor happy to chuck money into the chasm to cover costs, pops his clogs leaving a void that next generation are unwilling to fill.

Stoke in that scenario. Highest champ debt level and 3rd highest wages propped up by one old fella. 

they could quite easily fall in to the relegation scrap next season. All the big earners getting fired off and made some bang mediocre signings 

21 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

No dislike wouldn’t give him shit or anything but personally think he’s a poor player

he ain’t going to start in front of the others unless he impresses pre season and I bet he’s on a tidy wage 

I think hes very poor. If he worked as hard as Charles, he would deserve some leeway, but he just goes missing, and watches the game drift by. Like you say, nothing against the guy, but just doesnt cut it for me.

I think it's a bit lazy to just call Kachunga shit.

There's definitely some ability in there (too many clubs can't all have been fooled by him/his agent), so what's stopping him being a regular?

For me, it's attitude/personality. Give Dapo/Charles/Baka etc the ball and their first instinct is to attack, Kachunga's first reaction is virtually always to trun back and look to play back towards the wing back. He's lightweight in the challenge and doesn't press/harry the defenders like you'd want him to.

He's not a striker (central or wide) in my opinion and would be better suited to be the link between midfield and attack, but sadly we have other players (Lee/Sheehan) who would play that role better and I think I'd rather see Sadlier further up the pitch in Kachunga's current position too.

He could be a player in a different system/team, but I'd be surprised if it happens for him here. I was underwhelmed when we signed him, I'm still of that frame of mind.