Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer Gossip

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Stevowanderer said:

They’re getting Shaun Maloney aren’t they? Must be a wind up because no way in a million years Evatt goes anywhere near them. 

I’d love them to make an official request to approach IE so that IE could officially tell them to get fucked.

5 hours ago, CambridgeBWFC said:

was never likely to replace Santos long term and too good to be our bench warmer. 

The problem with this statement is that if he was too good to be our bench warmer we must be replacing him with someone not as good (as in someone who is not too good to be a bench warmer). And that's not progress for us. 

Alternatively, we replace him with someone better than Santos. But that would mean Santos would then be the bench warmer. And by default we return to the position of having someone on the bench (as in Santos - an even better player than Aimson) who is even more "too good to be our bench warmer".

I think. 

It's late. 

5 hours ago, Jayjay23 said:

The problem with this statement is that if he was too good to be our bench warmer we must be replacing him with someone not as good (as in someone who is not too good to be a bench warmer). And that's not progress for us. 

Alternatively, we replace him with someone better than Santos. But that would mean Santos would then be the bench warmer. And by default we return to the position of having someone on the bench (as in Santos - an even better player than Aimson) who is even more "too good to be our bench warmer".

I think. 

It's late. 

You can look at it like that, I suppose I should have said he is too good and not happy to be our bench warmer. He wants to play and presumably be closer to where he is from. We can get someone as good, maybe younger who is happier to wait for his turn, or similar age but from the NW. We could get a younger prospect not quite as good but who will eventually challenge Santos. Lots of permutations that doesn't necessarily mean we are weaker. 

10 hours ago, MickyD said:

I’d love them to make an official request to approach IE so that IE could officially tell them to get fucked.

Haha. They haven’t got any money by the looks of it anyway. The reason we got Adeboyejo was because we offered him more money… last season Wigan were blowing us out of the water financially. 

There’s also the betting issue in the background with Evatt (like Ivan Toney) that the FA are investigating and he may still get banned so I don’t think there is a realistic chance he could move even if he wanted to. Not sure where that would leave us.. without a manager for several months potentially, but I also think he genuinely doesn’t want to leave. He’s so invested in everything here and Sharon has backed him financially when he’s asked and privately during these other ‘issues’ and the recent court case. 

On Aimson… before Santos got ill some fans would have driven Aimson to Exeter… 12 months ago they were calling him Will Aimless. He’s had a 6-7 week purple patch for sure (but got found out at Derby) but there’s some serious mini meltdowns going on .. on Twitter etc. It’s crazy.  He’s a good solid league 1 defender who wanted to leave to be closer to his family. He’s gone to a club further down the league than us. If Santos leaves he goes to the championship because despite having an occasional mistake in him his overall quality … especially on the ball makes him a far better player. Santos would command a good fee… people on here were suggesting we’d get nothing for Aimson. We should be able to bring in a replacement for Aimson and it won’t cost the earth… how do you replace Santos? There is no comparison for me. Every single club in this league given the option would take Santos over Aimson. 

Edit - sorry to clarify every club in this league would take Santos unless they’ve appointed John Yems  as manager. Then it’s a toss up. 

Edited by Stevowanderer

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Stevowanderer said:

On Aimson… before Santos got ill some fans would have driven Aimson to Exeter… 12 months ago they were calling him Will Aimless. He’s had a 6-7 week purple patch for sure (but got found out at Derby) but there’s some serious mini meltdowns going on .. on Twitter etc. It’s crazy.  He’s a good solid league 1 defender who wanted to leave to be closer to his family. He’s gone to a club further down the league than us. If Santos leaves he goes to the championship because despite having an occasional mistake in him his overall quality … especially on the ball makes him a far better player. Santos would command a good fee… people on here were suggesting we’d get nothing for Aimson. We should be able to bring in a replacement for Aimson and it won’t cost the earth… how do you replace Santos? There is no comparison for me. Every single club in this league given the option would take Santos over Aimson. 

Edit - sorry to clarify every club in this league would take Santos unless they’ve appointed John Yems  as manager. Then it’s a toss up. 

Good post.

Spot on that.