Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Decent Podcasts

MancWanderer

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Rudys Rant of the day

Spotify podcasts. I pay for Premium, premium means no ads. 

However there’s now sneaky ones. The podcast host starting their podcast and then plugging a product. That’s an advert. Cunts.

You do pay more for presenter reads if it makes you feel any better.

On the other hand, they are more effective.

Also it's got feck all to do with Spotify as they only host and don't produce the podcasts.

• Members
37 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You do pay more for presenter reads if it makes you feel any better.

On the other hand, they are more effective.

Also it's got feck all to do with Spotify as they only host and don't produce the podcasts.

It doesn’t make me feel better, thanks for your concern. Oh I know hence it being a rant 😁

3 hours ago, Zico said:

one thing that amuses me on it

this bloke agrees to be interviewed on the condition of anonimity

so they call him "Phil"

"Phil" then goes on to describe himself as:

- a life long friend who grew up with him

- they did time together at the start of it all

- one of his main generals

I have no idea who Phil is, but it wouldn't take long for someone to find out / figure it out, if they wanted to

plus you can hear his voice

I bet he's called Phil, too.
Thick cunt.

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

Seann Walsh's podcast "What's Upset You Now?" is funny, if you enjoy listening to comedians chatting shit. Episodes are only 15 minutes long too, so good for short journeys.

Will give that a go

As an aside, I know that you’re a Joe Wilkinson fan. If you’ve not heard it yet listen to Quickly Kevin Will He Score? S10 Ep2 Joe Wilkinson on Gillingham FC. Very, very funny

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Will give that a go

As an aside, I know that you’re a Joe Wilkinson fan. If you’ve not heard it yet listen to Quickly Kevin Will He Score? S10 Ep2 Joe Wilkinson on Gillingham FC. Very, very funny

Will do 👍

Spent an hour or so with him once in the bar at the Raddison at Manc Airport. We were both waiting for folk off a flight from the US that was delayed. Not a bad word to say against him. Think he was Stockport’s manager at the time. Remember him saying how much respect he had for Phil Neal when I told him I was BWFC

• 4 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, gaztruman said:

Under The Cosh is a brilliant football podcast (lots of ex pros, nicky hunt one is great.) 

Only ever listen to it when the guest is ex-Bolton, and it's still fucking awful. "Remember when Johnno pissed in Tezza's pint and poured it on't gaffer's car? HAHAHAHAHAHA He were mad him weren't he? A proper character". Don't even know who they're talking about half the time.

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Only ever listen to it when the guest is ex-Bolton, and it's still fucking awful. "Remember when Johnno pissed in Tezza's pint and poured it on't gaffer's car? HAHAHAHAHAHA He were mad him weren't he? A proper character". Don't even know who they're talking about half the time.

I start them all but rarely finish any. Le Tissier one was quite good but the latest one (Bradley Orr) would have made your teeth itch. Trying to bribe young players to drink a pint of piss, leaving turds in toothbrush holders and the fridge but like you say Cheese they were proper characters back in the day

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...